Should I switch my BenQ XL2420T for a Acer XB270?

Minzo

Is it worth it? The price is a bit steep ($420) but I think I can sell of the BenQ for about $120 if I ask around. I don't really care for two monitors. What would you do?

I'd love a bigger monitor and I've heard nothing but sweet stuff about G-Sync.

Is it worth it? The price is a bit steep ($420) but I think I can sell of the BenQ for about $120 if I ask around. I don't really care for two monitors. What would you do?

I'd love a bigger monitor and I've heard nothing but sweet stuff about G-Sync.

Go for it. G-sync is beast

Aight. I'll talk to my gf and if she's not too pissed then maybe I'll pick up one on my way home.

Hopefully she's cool with it

Hopefully she's cool with it

Uuuuhh... The monitor I was looking at was a "budget"-version and didn't come with G-sync so I'll have to scrap this idea :( Thanks anyway!

If that were the much newer motion blur reduction 2.0 model, the XL2430T, I would say probably not.

But you're using an ancient lightboost only monitor, and I think that's even older than the XL2420TE (that officially had 144 hz refresh rate and less ghosting in lightboost than the XL2420T).

So yeah, definitely worth it by far.

If that were the much newer motion blur reduction 2.0 model, the XL2430T, I would say probably not.

But you're using an ancient lightboost only monitor, and I think that's even older than the XL2420TE (that officially had 144 hz refresh rate and less ghosting in lightboost than the XL2420T).

So yeah, definitely worth it by far.

Found out I was wrong about the price sadly.

Minzo, think about it....all the little kids who build these monitors for us.  They are depending on you to buy a new monitor every so often (and new components from time to time).  Do YOU want to be the one to have them thrown off the assembly line....I think not.  SO....tell the girlfriend, "Stop woman :angry:...i will help these children and buy a new monitor!!!"

Or, if you wanna be all ninja-like :ph34r: , buy one...leave it on the doorstep with a "Congratulations you won" card, and say you won it in a contest....then say "Oh no, someone took my card, I don't know where it is...." 

Either way, you'll get a new monitor...win, win....so you lose out on a couple nights of carnal pleasure....use that time to break in the new monitor ;)

Case: Silverstone SG09B Motherboard: MSI Z10 Morter M-ATX CPU: I5-6600K  Ram: Corsair LP 2400 DD4 16GB GPU: MSI RX 480 Storage: Seagate HDD Baracuda 2TB x2, Crucial M200 500GB SSD X2 (Raid 0)PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 1000W w/PP05E Kit

"When to say :blink: WTF :blink: ....$2K rig only used for Minesweeper and Internet Checkers marathons...."

Minzo, think about it....all the little kids who build these monitors for us.  They are depending on you to buy a new monitor every so often (and new components from time to time).  Do YOU want to be the one to have them thrown off the assembly line....I think not.  SO....tell the girlfriend, "Stop woman :angry:...i will help these children and buy a new monitor!!!"

Or, if you wanna be all ninja-like :ph34r: , buy one...leave it on the doorstep with a "Congratulations you won" card, and say you won it in a contest....then say "Oh no, someone took my card, I don't know where it is...." 

Either way, you'll get a new monitor...win, win....so you lose out on a couple nights of carnal pleasure....use that time to break in the new monitor ;)

You sir, made my week

When you put it that way! Hehe.

No but seriously, I'll wait until one with g-sync is a little bit cheaper tbh. We got to think of the younger kids, they have to get a job too! And now there's a job opening! :D