Setup in Progress (Need input)

Hello all ! Im Ricardo :D (18 incase you're wondering)

So my father recently ... ran into some money (completly legal dont get any ideas hahaha) and he basicly gave me full reign over my own setup. SO I want to build my first computer along with my own desk and all. 

So these are the parts that i came to like (at least on paper and over youtube vids) over the course of 3-5 hours of binging on this (im really excited)

I drew up a basic idea of what the desk would look like (its going to be mostly wood painted to go along with the design of the h440) (location of drawing unknown) ( Basicly and "L" shaped desk with a square footprint of 6 feet by 5 feet or so) ill make a new one as soon as possible.

I want this computer to be good for videogames and audio/video works (music production and maybe youtube)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($224.99 @ NCIX US) 

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.89 @ OutletPC) 

Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII FORMULA ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($294.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  ($319.99 @ Amazon) 

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($527.99 @ Adorama) 
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($202.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($202.99 @ SuperBiiz) Potencial Raid 0 opperation

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($534.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($98.99 @ SuperBiiz)   (thinking about the red one)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power
Supply
 ($63.98 @ Newegg) 

Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card  ($128.98 @ Newegg) 

Total: $2700.77         SUGGESTIONS FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED (red and black color scheme cuz im THAT guy)

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-04 03:31 EDT-0400

Peripherals i plan to get are as follows

I cant decide wether to get one ultrawide LG 34UC97 or go with 2 27 inch monitors at 1440p (model suggestions would be appreciated (a matte screen would be nice)

Das keyboard 4 pro 
(thinking about the corsair k65 and getting a number pad on the side) (suggestions are appreciated)

logitech g13 gamepad

logitech master mx (because why not) (suggestions would be appreciated)

Other items include : 

ATH M50x

LED strips for the trim of the desk

about 200 dlls computer chair

possibly a printer cuz college soon 

maybe an amp or dac ( i have no idea which is which dont hate me im learning )

Rode NT1 and boom arm (for music and sh*t)

(F*ck it why not section (don't hate me))

coffee machine

mini fridge 

consoles for their exclusives

tv 

posters 

im trying to keep the computer under 4000 dlls (because lets face it at that point it get a bit rediculous (unless ur like .. maywether or whatever)) and the desk ... well is a custom built desk (by my father and i)

I THANK YOU IN ADVACE FOR YOUR INPUT AND HOPE TO BE POSTING PICTURES SOON!

I'd personally swap the headphones for ATH M50RDs (I have them and love them) I'd also swap out the 980 for dual 970s for better performance

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

budget?

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

The soundcard is a complete waste of money - you have a high end motherboard and no need for it, no tangible improvement - even with ATH-M50xs, also completely useless is the Motherboard which will also give no tangible improvements over the next highest Asus Z97 ROG motherboard, the Maximus VII Hero, the ram can be pulled down to 16GB and you'd still have as good of a computer as you would with 32GB as far as general usage & gaming is concerned.

With the money you saved on the above things, you could totally buy a second GTX980 and with GTX980 SLI (or for the same price, 1x Titan X) you'll have a much bigger performance boost than you would have from the increased ram, motherboard & soundcard. You're also going to want a slightly better Power supply for such an expensive build. 

TL;DR: you are investing too much money in the wrong places.

Also, to stick more with the red/black colour scheme, I'd suggest the Corsair H105 instead of the H100i. The H100i has issues with leaking and the H105 is a better AIO all together :) Not to mention the red rings.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

-snip-

Wow, do you need that much storage? 8TB?

Personally if you have the budget, go for x99 (That is, if you really dont have a budget). 

Your build seems to me like you have like all the budget in the world and are just putting the most OP things you can possibly find. Even with a budget like this, you still need to know what you're planning to do with it.

Only Gaming, not rendering/editing? Go for an i5. (Unless you need the extra cores or something)

^Just read that you are doing Youtube and audio production, only realised when I saw the sound card.

Go 2x970 instead of that 1x980. Its a huge performance boost for a little bit more money. Esp if you're planning to drive 2x1440p monitors.

32GB Memory is Overkill. Cut that to 16GB if you dont need the other 16, invest the money into something else.

Just my opinions.

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

budget?

None .... but id say keep the whole thing under 4000 - 5000

The soundcard is a complete waste of money - you have a high end motherboard and no need for it, no tangible improvement - even with ATH-M50xs, also completely useless is the Motherboard which will also give no tangible improvements over the next highest Asus Z97 ROG motherboard, the Maximus VII Hero, the ram can be pulled down to 16GB and you'd still have as good of a computer as you would with 32GB as far as general usage & gaming is concerned.

With the money you saved on the above things, you could totally buy a second GTX980 and with GTX980 SLI (or for the same price, 1x Titan X) you'll have a much bigger performance boost than you would have from the increased ram, motherboard & soundcard. You're also going to want a slightly better Power supply for such an expensive build. 

TL;DR: you are investing too much money in the wrong places.

Also, to stick more with the red/black colour scheme, I'd suggest the Corsair H105 instead of the H100i. The H100i has issues with leaking and the H105 is a better AIO all together :) Not to mention the red rings.

Thanks for the suggestions !! ill deffinately be adding the hero and h105 to my build 

also yea the sound card i was on the wall about 

Thanks for the suggestions !! ill deffinately be adding the hero and h105 to my build 

also yea the sound card i was on the wall about 

I'm jumping ship to a NZXT H440 on my build as well, but it seems like you'd be better off along the lines of my build (obviously you want more storage and possibly a second 980 / single Titan X) but the i7-4790k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, H105, AX760 and Maximus VII Hero makes for a sweet build and I'd highly recommend it.

The 8tb .. is seeming like a lot and im thinking about running 2 2tb in raid for the same speed 

i think ima go the dual 970s route too (but i think the most likely is that sexy titan x) whats the difference between the models? superclocked acx ftw and all that 

still learning this stuff and all the input is very helpfull guys so thank you :D keep in mine i did all this decition making over the course of about 5 hours :D

I'm jumping ship to a NZXT H440 on my build as well, but it seems like you'd be better off along the lines of my build (obviously you want more storage and possibly a second 980 / single Titan X) but the i7-4790k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, H105, AX760 and Maximus VII Hero makes for a sweet build and I'd highly recommend it.

yea its a really nice case huh? still kinda into the whole deadpool color scheme with the full red one though

Hello all ! Im Ricardo :D (18 incase you're wondering)

So my father recently ... ran into some money (completly legal dont get any ideas hahaha) and he basicly gave me full reign over my own setup. SO I want to build my first computer along with my own desk and all. 

So these are the parts that i came to like (at least on paper and over youtube vids) over the course of 3-5 hours of binging on this (im really excited)

I drew up a basic idea of what the desk would look like (its going to be mostly wood painted to go along with the design of the h440) (location of drawing unknown) ( Basicly and "L" shaped desk with a square footprint of 6 feet by 5 feet or so) ill make a new one as soon as possible.

I want this computer to be good for videogames and audio/video works (music production and maybe youtube)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($224.99 @ NCIX US) 

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.89 @ OutletPC) 

Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII FORMULA ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($294.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  ($319.99 @ Amazon) 

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($527.99 @ Adorama) 

Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($202.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($202.99 @ SuperBiiz) Potencial Raid 0 opperation

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($534.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($98.99 @ SuperBiiz)   (thinking about the red one)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power

Supply  ($63.98 @ Newegg) 

Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Zx 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card  ($128.98 @ Newegg) 

Total: $2700.77         SUGGESTIONS FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED (red and black color scheme cuz im THAT guy)

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-04 03:31 EDT-0400

Peripherals i plan to get are as follows

I cant decide wether to get one ultrawide LG 34UC97 or go with 2 27 inch monitors at 1440p (model suggestions would be appreciated (a matte screen would be nice)

Das keyboard 4 pro 

(thinking about the corsair k65 and getting a number pad on the side) (suggestions are appreciated)

logitech g13 gamepad

logitech master mx (because why not) (suggestions would be appreciated)

Other items include : 

ATH M50x

LED strips for the trim of the desk

about 200 dlls computer chair

possibly a printer cuz college soon 

maybe an amp or dac ( i have no idea which is which dont hate me im learning )

Rode NT1 and boom arm (for music and sh*t)

(F*ck it why not section (don't hate me))

coffee machine

mini fridge 

consoles for their exclusives

tv 

posters 

im trying to keep the computer under 4000 dlls (because lets face it at that point it get a bit rediculous (unless ur like .. maywether or whatever)) and the desk ... well is a custom built desk (by my father and i)

I THANK YOU IN ADVACE FOR YOUR INPUT AND HOPE TO BE POSTING PICTURES SOON!

if ur paying that much cash for a build get a corsair k95

CPU-i5 4690k 4.4ghz @ 1.190V, MOBO-MSI z97 gaming 3, Cooler-hyper 212 evo, GPU- r9 290x asus directcuII (-37Mv), Storage-120gb v300(switching soon), 1tb caviar blue, CASE-Red/black h440, PSU-Antec TPC 650.

any power supplys that anyone reccomend ? so far the whole build is at about 460 w

if ur paying that much cash for a build get a corsair k95

im getting a seperate game pad for gameing ;)

The 8tb .. is seeming like a lot and im thinking about running 2 2tb in raid for the same speed 

i think ima go the dual 970s route too (but i think the most likely is that sexy titan x) whats the difference between the models? superclocked acx ftw and all that 

still learning this stuff and all the input is very helpfull guys so thank you :D keep in mine i did all this decition making over the course of about 5 hours :D

I think my suggestion will help you quite a lot to be honest - You'll save money and/or get more performance for the same price - a win-win situation :) As for 2x 970 vs 1x 980, you get more performance from 2x GTX970 -- but with the H440 you shouldn't put more than 2 GPUs in there, so if you wanted more horsepower it'd be best to go with a single 980 so you can add a second one down the line.

any power supplys that anyone reccomend ? so far the whole build is at about 460 w

Corsair AX760 works like a charm :)

I think my suggestion will help you quite a lot to be honest - You'll save money and/or get more performance for the same price - a win-win situation :) As for 2x 970 vs 1x 980, you get more performance from 2x GTX970 -- but with the H440 you shouldn't put more than 2 GPUs in there, so if you wanted more horsepower it'd be best to go with a single 980 so you can add a second one down the line.

Corsair AX760 works like a charm :)

yeaa thats what i was thinking (dual 980s) future proofing and all that but i think i may as well go for a titan x or the second 980 i forget which has better performance

added! (power supply)

im also thining of amd graphics cards for bridgless crossfire or something like that

also they're red :D so like anyone have any suggestions for amd??

Mainly if you want just looks you could go for an MSI or XFX 280x crossfire...I prefer XFX mainly for their fan designs because they don't collect dust on the fan blades.  However, if you want power, it takes 2 280xs to equal 1 980 in power.  A single 380x is suggested to be equal in power or possibly higher than either a 970 or 980 yet isn't proven quite yet.  However, the 3xx line is apparently part of the whole thing with ARM for power consumption reduction as well.  So, then you wouldn't need as massive of a PSU to power all that.  That's why I think a 3xx would be far more logical since they are coming out within the next 4 quarters.

yea my budget is ... healthy .. kinda so looks are a good touch (mostly why i think im going to go for the M7 Formula motherboard over the hero) i like the looks of just about all the things im getting. But im keeping dual 980s or 1 titan as a last option, though now that i think about it i think i might change up the cooling on them to make them match the rest of the case... idk