Gaming keyboard or Controller?

spyder

Currently the keyboard I am using is a logitech k750 solar panel check lit style with a logitech mx performance mouse. 

However I have noticed an issue I have been having, in GTA V, I would somehow lose input and wont be able to move the character so my keyboard is obviously playing up now where as the mouse seems fine. 

I am looking to either go for a xbox one controller since almost all games I know support controller input therefore wouldn't mind or I could just go buy another keyboard but I can't currently afford any mechanical ones at this moment due to money being blown on an entire rig. 

So should I buy an xbox controller or another keyboard? 

i would guess that gta v is optimized for controller control

GTA V is pretty good on a controller but when on foot I still prefer KB+M, I usually just use the controller when in a vehicle or when 'between vehicles' but not in action and TBH I've even found GTA V to be pretty good on just a KB+M too unlike most driving games. IMO a new keyboard would be more useful all round but having both is nice (even if the controller doesn't get much use) so the option of getting a controller now and KB later when funds permit wouldn't be a bad choice.

Also bear in mind the XBO controller can only be used wired (for now) so a XB360 one might be better if you don't want to deal with that.

Check places like Massdrop too as you often see TKL mechanical keyboards for about the same price as a controller.