Xbox One and Killer Instinct Get Booed on Stage at EVO 2013

EChondo

http://gaminrealm.com/2013/07/14/killer-instinct-and-xbox-one-get-boo/

First, I was personally watching the Twitch stream and reading the comments in the chatbox. There were around 98,000 people watching the KI presentation at the time (remember, this is during the EVO Finals), and I can accurately report that mostly (think 95%) everyone in there was tearing the game apart. Comments such as “Get this s*** off the stream” and  ”Nobody cares, show Marvel!” and “This looks terrible” were prevalent. Most viewers were blatnatly not impressed. The viewers were also not convinced that the commentators were genuine about their hype, and also felt that the matches were scripted.

Secondly, even worse, the attendees at EVO started chanting “Marvel! Marvel! Marvel!” in the crowd. Translation: “We don’t care for this, get off the stage.” I felt pretty bad for the guys from Double Helix, as it was clear that they heard the chants but had to ignore them and continue their commentary over the game.

And last but not least, after the presentation was over and they were wrapping it up with some details, they dropped that forbidden name: “Xbox One”. The crowd was instantly outraged and boos ensued for quite a long stretch of time. You could tell on the look on the presenters’ faces that they were clearly embarrassed, and you couldn’t help but to feel for them.

It was really something to watch this all go down live, but it just goes to show just how much damage Microsoft has down to the Xbox One’s image, and I feel that an actually good game may be getting battered because of it.

I know this isn't really "tech" or "news", but for this to happen at EVO and it to involve the Xbox One and their "new" exclusive, this is pretty bad.

I personally wasn't around for the original Killer Instinct days, so I have no merit to talk about the game, but it appears that nearly everyone at EVO and on Twitch weren't happy about the game being played and then having the presenters say "Xbox One".

Here is a YouTube video of the booing, it's early in the video.

If mods feel that this doesn't belong in the news section, please feel free to move it to a more appropriate place.

Microsoft should be sweating their PR team to do hardcore damage control,because at the rate they're going Sony will be very happy in a few months.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Microsoft should be sweating their PR team to do hardcore damage control,because at the rate they're going Sony will be very happy in a few months.

It just surprises me that this happened because from what I've read, the original Killer Instinct was a good game and the new one has gotten some really good reactions, but for something like this to happen at EVO, it just blows me away.

I guess the new Killer Instinct game isn't as well received as we thought...

Personally I am really happy that Killer Instinct is back and I think this one looks like a good game. I don't like that it's an Xbox One exclusive though, and I don't really like the new Glacious. Jago looked fairly unchanged but Glacious is like a completely different character.

I would get it if it was released for PC, but since it's an Xbone exclusive I won't play it. Vote with my wallet and all that...

I'd be excited to see the return of Killer Instinct had Double Helix not implemented it as a "Free-to-play" game with only Jago to start.  I mean... really?  A free-to-play fighting game?  Talk about shitting on franchise that people wanted revived for so long. :angry:

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

The game is fine, they're all angry that it's an Xbox One exclusive. 

It just surprises me that this happened because from what I've read, the original Killer Instinct was a good game and the new one has gotten some really good reactions, but for something like this to happen at EVO, it just blows me away.

I guess the new Killer Instinct game isn't as well received as we thought...

That's because it's going to be a F2P, and there's only going to be 1 free character at launch (you will have to pay for more). Plus, I think it is being made by a shitty developer.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Someone at microsoft should just get real and not say all this we listened to your feedback bullsh*t so we made some changes crap.....they need to literally be like...."we f*cked up guys...we know....we lost what it meant to be a GAMING console...so as of today you can buy the xbox one without kinect....obviously this means you loose gestures and other features that require kinect but hey we are leaving it up to you to decide whther you want that" then thats it. All xbox problems solved....obviously a lot of people will be like, ANOTHER DESPERATE MOVE TO GET BACK THE PEOPLE....but many people actualy will go to the one over the ps3 in my opinion.....kinect is holding like 8 of my friends back from getting the one...they have all pre-ordered the ps4....

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |