Newegg Return Policy

TechDookie

Can I return a Newegg I5 4690K for a non hardware related issue? Its just an I7 4790K came on sale for the same price...

Is this allowed? The processor should come in 2 days...

Can I return a Newegg I5 4690K for a non hardware related issue? Its just an I7 4790K came on sale for the same price...

I would read their return policy page, and if you're answer isn't in there then call or email them explaining your issue. If you bought it with the Iron Egg guarantee and you return the 4690K unopened, I don't see why they would object to it. If the 4790K is on sale for the same price, it's not like their losing out on money.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

I would read their return policy page, and if you're answer isn't in there then call or email them explaining your issue. If you bought it with the Iron Egg guarantee and you return the 4690K unopened, I don't see why they would object to it. If the 4790K is on sale for the same price, it's not like their losing out on money.

I don't think I purchased it... It'd be in perfect condition.

Oh, well thats unfortunate... The 4690K will still fit my needs.

You can always try to sell it somewhere. You'll lose a bit of money but that 4790k is a killer deal. I bought 4 of them for a rainy day xD

CPUs are non-refundable on Newegg

http://kb.newegg.com/Policies/Article/1167#39

I don't see it clearly stating the CPU is non-refundable, it just says if it's damaged or if you want to Replace it.

And if I'm reading the OP correctly, he hasn't even received the CPU yet,

which means it's still in Retail condition, unopened. If that is the case, he should be able to send it back for a refund. Unless stated otherwise on the purchase page. (as in, Final Sales)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

You can always try to sell it somewhere. You'll lose a bit of money but that 4790k is a killer deal. I bought 4 of them for a rainy day xD

By then the deal will be over. I'm not going to be doing any photoshop or CAD, but it was just such a great deal. Oh well.

I don't see it clearly stating the CPU is non-refundable, it just says if it's damaged or if you want to Replace it.

which means it's still in Retail condition, unopened. If that is the case, he should be able to send it back for a refund. Unless stated otherwise on the purchase page. (as in, Final Sales)

No, I haven't received the CPU yet, but it should come tomorrow. I'll look into the purchase page.

Sorry for double post.

CPU Replacement Only Return Policy
  • Return for refund within: non-refundable

Where are you all seeing 4790Ks for the same price as a 4690K?   When I looked they were 309..   

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Thank you.  I may need to get 2 just because!

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

CPU Replacement Only Return Policy

• Return for refund within: non-refundable

That's the thing, that's for a CPU Replacement. Not a refund on an un-opened product, which is what the OP will have considering he just said he didn't even receive yet it. If it's not open, that CPU replacement return policy shouldn't apply. As it is still Brand New and it's not for a replacement.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

That's the thing, that's for a CPU Replacement. Not a refund on an un-opened product, which is what the OP will have considering he just said he didn't even receive yet it. If it's not open, that CPU replacement return policy shouldn't apply. As it is still Brand New and it's not for a replacement.

No. You're reading that wrong. When it says CPU replacement only return policy, that means that you can only get a replacement for CPUs. Not that that policy only applies to replacements. It clearly says "Return for refund: nonrefundable"

No. You're reading that wrong. When it says CPU replacement only return policy, that means that you can only get a replacement for CPUs. Not that that policy only applies to replacements. It clearly says "Return for refund: nonrefundable"

So whats the verdict?

Email customer support and tell them that you'rem upset that the 4790K just went on sale for the same price you just paid for the 4690K.

There's a chance they would do something to compensate you. It's worth the try.

Returning the CPU is probably a no-go though

Seriously? So Newegg is actually a store that will refuse to that back an unopened product? I've honestly never seen a store do that. If it was open I'd understand, but unopened, still brand new?

OP might as well refuse the package on delivery, they will have no choice but to take it back.

Seriously? So Newegg is actually a store that will refuse to that back an unopened product? I've honestly never seen a store do that. If it was open I'd understand, but unopened, still brand new?

OP might as well refuse the package on delivery, they will have no choice but to take it back.

I think its only with CPUS, but I may be wrong.

It is a smart policy on neweggs part. Returns are getting tricky. Buy a product. Switch it out, then re shrink wrap it. People do this all the time now. It is underhanded and costs companies money. but more and more people are doing it.

Newegg's policies are the worst thing about them. If you refuse delivery they will likely charge you a restocking fee but they'll take it back anyway. 

Hi TechDookie,

Feel free to call us at 800-390-1119 and we would be happy to work toward a resolution to meet your needs!

As for everyone else in this thread, thank you for your active participation in helping resolve TechDookie's issue. We appreciate the help!

Newegg Support,
-David

Thank you David, but I'm going to decline. Its just me being a little bit greedy. I'm really fine with the I5 4690K and I doubt the I7 would give me much higher results. Thank you for for your help and thanks to everyone else.