Putting an Xbox 360 and PS2 in one computer case for a project, Looking for a case!

the_devil52

What's your budget? Are you putting both consoles in the same case? Will you also have pc hardware in there?

Looking at the size of the boards If you don't need to house PC components inside as well you could heavily modify a Bitfenix Prodigy. Remove all the internal components, do a multi-level arrangement with one system sitting above the other. The hard drive can be mounted on the underside of the top board tray. The back of the case would need to be swapped to a blank piece with cut-outs for the boards' I/O's and a couple fans to keep airflow over them.

Also, what models of the consoles will you be using as the non-slim versions of each would probably need to mounted with their I/O out a side panel vs the method I described above.

Cas's spec's(800D):
3570k @ 4.7GHz
H100 Push/Pull SP120's
GTX 680 @ 1345MHZ w/ DWOOD Brack & Antec 620
16GB 1866MHz Dominator Platinum
ASRock z77 Extreme 6
128GB Vertex 4
2 x 1TB WD Caviar Blue
B/W sleeved Corsair HX1000

What's your budget? Are you putting both consoles in the same case? Will you also have pc hardware in there?
Budget wise under 100 AUD, Both consoles will be in the same case yes and If there is room I may run a Mini PC build in there!

~AGHTS~ oath oi.

Looking at the size of the boards If you don't need to house PC components inside as well you could heavily modify a Bitfenix Prodigy. Remove all the internal components, do a multi-level arrangement with one system sitting above the other. The hard drive can be mounted on the underside of the top board tray. The back of the case would need to be swapped to a blank piece with cut-outs for the boards' I/O's and a couple fans to keep airflow over them.

Also, what models of the consoles will you be using as the non-slim versions of each would probably need to mounted with their I/O out a side panel vs the method I described above.

I will most likely be putting the 360's IO in the io spot of the case I buy but ill probs just have to cut it or whatever a bit to fit. As for the console sizes I will be using the Xbox 360 Original model so old version but I will be using the slim for the PS2.

~AGHTS~ oath oi.

But as you know with most xbox 360 you need to think about the cooling of it or you will just get the red ring of death

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

Xbox 360 mainboard size is about that of a MicroATX board, a bit smaller maybe.

I think it would be better/more fun to build a case yourself maybe out of wood because fitting 2 mainboards in a regular case with all the i/o sticking out backwards will probably be pretty hard.

you could make a 2 story/compartment wooden case. Cheaper and more fun and you will be able to customize it anyway you want :D

But as you know with most xbox 360 you need to think about the cooling of it or you will just get the red ring of death
I was always going to worry about cooling last as It should be easier working on cooling once the mobos are placed in the case and is all set up etc.

~AGHTS~ oath oi.

Xbox 360 mainboard size is about that of a MicroATX board, a bit smaller maybe.

I think it would be better/more fun to build a case yourself maybe out of wood because fitting 2 mainboards in a regular case with all the i/o sticking out backwards will probably be pretty hard.

you could make a 2 story/compartment wooden case. Cheaper and more fun and you will be able to customize it anyway you want :D

Ive always thought wooden cases would run hot or whatever. Would rather put it in a computer case I will be short on time and it should be quicker! I will take this into consideration though cheers.

~AGHTS~ oath oi.

So what case was you thinking of I have used the bitfenix prodigy in lots of builds I have done and could be of great assistants to this

I was thinking about a CoolerMaser Elite 334U, RAIDMAX Unicorn or a SHAW GT GM1 (Which is some shitty case at a local PC shop)

~AGHTS~ oath oi.

Did you want to put a desktop in it or just the 2 consoles?

At the moment just the two consoles but if there is enough room I might stuff around and see what I can do about putting a mini build in the case as well!

~AGHTS~ oath oi.

How about the Cooler Master CM storm scout (2)

Scout Model 1: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_31&products_id=11207

Scout Model 2: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_31&products_id=21660

I think these are both good options seeing as you are doing this for lan convenience.

The Scout 1 will run you 85 dollars, while the scout 2 is 109 dollars, which is a bit over budget. Of those I would go with model 1, seeing as it has the more cooling for the price. Reason for Scout 2 would be the looks. Now you have to keep in mind that you have to do a bit of drilling and whatnot. Perhaps get a sheat of aluminium and drill it out to fit the different motherboards. I think that you will be able to mount the motherboards side by side to keep good airflow and good temps.

Be sure to make a project log with pics. I would love to see this.

Desktop: CPU: i7 3770k OC: 4.0 GHZ | CPUCooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCU2 | Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-ud5h | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 gig, 1600 mhz | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: Corsair Force 3 120 gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Periphirals: Keyboard: Logitech g710+ | Mice: Desktop: Razer Imperator Battlefield 3 Edition. Laptop: Razer Deathadder 3.5g edition | Mousepads: Desktop: Razer Goliathus Control Extended edition Laptop: Razer Goliathus Control edition | Sound stuff: Bose Companion 2 speakers (Free yay), Beyerdynamic DT-770 250 Ohm.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge e540: CPU: i7 4702mq | GPU: Nvidia Geforce gt740 | RAM: 8 gig of some brand | Storage: 1 TB of some brand 5400 rpm | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Scout Model 1: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_31&products_id=11207

Scout Model 2: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_31&products_id=21660

I think these are both good options seeing as you are doing this for lan convenience.

The Scout 1 will run you 85 dollars, while the scout 2 is 109 dollars, which is a bit over budget. Of those I would go with model 1, seeing as it has the more cooling for the price. Reason for Scout 2 would be the looks. Now you have to keep in mind that you have to do a bit of drilling and whatnot. Perhaps get a sheat of aluminium and drill it out to fit the different motherboards. I think that you will be able to mount the motherboards side by side to keep good airflow and good temps.

I will indeed make a project log with some pics! Im also making a HTPC in a nintendo 64 case very soon so will post a log for that as well!

~AGHTS~ oath oi.

If you suddenly manage to get a ton of money you could also grab the Cooler Master Cosmos 2. You should have enough space then :)

Desktop: CPU: i7 3770k OC: 4.0 GHZ | CPUCooler: Corsair H100i | GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCU2 | Motherboard: Gigabyte z77x-ud5h | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 gig, 1600 mhz | PSU: Corsair AX860 | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX | Storage: Corsair Force 3 120 gb, Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Periphirals: Keyboard: Logitech g710+ | Mice: Desktop: Razer Imperator Battlefield 3 Edition. Laptop: Razer Deathadder 3.5g edition | Mousepads: Desktop: Razer Goliathus Control Extended edition Laptop: Razer Goliathus Control edition | Sound stuff: Bose Companion 2 speakers (Free yay), Beyerdynamic DT-770 250 Ohm.

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge e540: CPU: i7 4702mq | GPU: Nvidia Geforce gt740 | RAM: 8 gig of some brand | Storage: 1 TB of some brand 5400 rpm | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

then you might want to think about this Cooler master Haf XB Has 2 floors and great cooling and handles loads of space

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=77936&vpn=RC-902XB-KKN1&manufacture=COOLERMASTER

and you can have the handles at the top or the bottom

You could just wait for the monster of a case 900D to come out of the shadows!

i would get one of those Cube Cases. and have it multi tiered. like top level PS bottom level Xbox.

i5-3570k @ 4.5ghz at 1.2v (5ghz @ 1.4v max stable) , Radeon HD 7850 @ 1200/1450 Clocks http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/kasmr/, AsRock Z75 Pro3 Mobo, 8gb of 1333mhz ram @ 1600-8-9-8-16.

If you're not going to have a computer inside it just the 2 consoles i would go for a CM Storm Scout- The 1st one will be alrigh no need for the version 2 as it would only be useful if putting a PC inside it. The Scout has a handle thats useful for transfering to LANs

Thread moved. - Dim

So for my electronics project I have decided to put an Xbox and PS2 into a computer case. I chose this because at LANs sometimes when we aren't using our PC's we want to play some Forza or Ratchet and Clank so this will be quite handy! Have any of you guys got any nice cases that are cheap (New or old) and that will be able to hold both mobos. Im from Australia so I would like to buy from PC Case Gear or MSY as they are the cheapest over here.

Help me out guys and chuck me some case models.

Cheers

~AGHTS~ oath oi.

Went to the local computer store today and purchased a Codegen 3335 (never heard of it) for 20 bucks. Its not that aestethicly pleasing but It houses both consoles fine and I have access to a CNC router so I have some cool ideas I can do with it!

I will report in and post some pictures as a kind of build log in the next couple of months.

Cheers for all the help guys.

~AGHTS~ oath oi.