GTX 970 VRAM

Hello again enigmatic members of the forums! 

Now don't be alarmed, I have done my research and have come to the conclusion that the VRAM issue, really isn't an issue!

However, I would like to pose the question of the possibility of a 970Ti. Will there be one? And if so will there be a full 4GB of full speed VRAM available to the card?

NOTE: Please do not turn this into an Nvidia AMD flame war, I have made my mind up that I want an Nvidia card. I want this post to be pure fact as well as speculation even though I am a complete noob! 

There won't be a GTX 970 Ti. I don't see how they could make one and where it would fit in.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Now don't be alarmed, I have done my research and have come to the conclusion that the VRAM issue, really isn't an issue!

However, I would like to pose the question of the possibility of a 970Ti. Will there be one? And if so will there be a full 4GB of full speed VRAM available to the card?

NOTE: Please do not turn this into an Nvidia AMD flame war, I have made my mind up that I want an Nvidia card. I want this post to be pure fact as well as speculation even though I am a complete noob! 

I didn't find the VRAM to be much of an issue until I played certain games at 1440p. I highly doubt there will be a 970ti. And if people "upgrade" from their current 970's to get what they should have gotten from the start, well, that's pretty sad.

If they were to come out with a 970ti, you'd still be better off going for the 980.

CPU: Intel i5-4690k                                                               RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengance Pro DDR3-2400                                                                     Case: NZXT S340

Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo                                                  Storage: Intel 730 SSD                                                                                                            PSU: EVGA 850G2

Mobo: Asus Z97-A 3.1                                                          GPU: 980ti G1                                                                                                                          OS: Windows 10 Pro

There won't be a GTX 970 Ti. I don't see how they could make one and where it would fit in.

Tut, you can always hope even though it is inevitable that there wont be one! 

Tut, you can always hope even though it is inevitable that there wont be one! 

There is only one Ti card I want to see and that is the GTX 980.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I didn't find the VRAM to be much of an issue until I played certain games at 1440p. I highly doubt there will be a 970ti. And if people "upgrade" from their current 970's to get what they should have gotten from the start, well, that's pretty sad.

If they were to come out with a 970ti, you'd still be better off going for the 980.

Probably yeah. However the G1 gaming 970 to me personally is thee best bang for the buck Nvidia card out there, even with its, "issue," sigh. xD

There is only one Ti card I want to see and that is the GTX 980.

Rumoured to have 6 friggen GB of VRAM, like I cant even comprehend the games that would use that! Maybe if The Witcher 3 gets an insane texture mod or something!

Probably yeah. However the G1 gaming 970 to me personally is thee best bang for the buck Nvidia card out there, even with its, "issue," sigh. xD

I had the G1, decent card. No intention to start a flame war, but despite the graphs you see on forums, when I switched to my 290x, which cost $10 more than my G1, I picked up about 5-10fps in most games and blew my 970's Heaven, Valley, and Fire Strike scores away by a mile.

The G1 also averaged, for me, 62-65c while gaming, My 290x averages 55-60c. Electric bill stayed around the same as well. I took the delve into what all the forums were saying would be a bad choice due to heat, and power consumption, and find myself pleasantly surprised. The 970 may be the last Nvidia card I ever buy.

CPU: Intel i5-4690k                                                               RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengance Pro DDR3-2400                                                                     Case: NZXT S340

Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo                                                  Storage: Intel 730 SSD                                                                                                            PSU: EVGA 850G2

Mobo: Asus Z97-A 3.1                                                          GPU: 980ti G1                                                                                                                          OS: Windows 10 Pro

I had the G1, decent card. No intention to start a flame war, but despite the graphs you see on forums, when I switched to my 290x, which cost $10 more than my G1, I picked up about 5-10fps in most games and blew my 970's Heaven, Valley, and Fire Strike scores away by a mile.

The G1 also averaged, for me, 62-65c while gaming, My 290x averages 55-60c.

Thought those AMD gpus were meant to be like kindle sticks in a PC? Or is that just a horrible stereotype?

they haven't confirmed anything there might be??? but really i think it would just be pretty much the 980

IAN :o

Thought those AMD gpus were meant to be like kindle sticks in a PC? Or is that just a horrible stereotype?

Very horrible stereotype. The reference 290x's were a barbecue pit, but the rest are pretty good. Just like Nvidia cards, there are a few 290x's you should really avoid.

Like i said, my 290x is likely the coolest running air-cooled card I've ever used. With my former G1-970 being second or third.

they haven't confirmed anything there might be??? but really i think it would just be pretty much the 980

Ah I doubt it, but look it is a new architecture in Maxwell, and were really only on the first generation of it, with the drastic increase in performance to year ratio, there is always the slight chance. Although it looks bleak! Here's hoping! 

A 970 Ti is technically the GTX 980, the fully fledged GM204 core.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Very horrible stereotype. The reference 290x were a barbecue pit, but the rest are pretty good. Just like Nvidia cards, there are a few 290x's you should really avoid.

Like i said, my 290x is likely the coolest running air-cooled card I've ever used.

Yeah those stock coolers, yikes! I will keep an eye out, especially with the Fiji cards coming very soon. Did someone say "price drops?"

A 970 Ti is technically the GTX 980, the fully fledged GM204 core.

That is extremely true! Hopefully they are more specific on the VRAM next time! And I'm not saying it's bad, just misleading!

Yeah those stock coolers, yikes! I will keep an eye out, especially with the Fiji cards coming very soon. Did someone say "price drops?"

I like buying an older generation of GPU's and monitors. You get kick ass stuff for a lot less cash. I'm always a resolution or two behind the new standards(1440p, UHD). This time I went for a GPU a bit below the best, so below a 980, Titan X, or 295x2, and find myself a bit surprised by just how overkill this card is for 1080p. ;)

I like buying an older generation of GPU's and monitors. You get kick ass stuff for a lot less cash. I'm always a resolution or two behind the new standards(1440p, UHD).

Yeah 1080p still seems to be the sweet spot for graphical fidelity to performance ratios. It's only when you get to the "luxury" end of cards that 1440p becomes 1080p in that ratio! And 4K being playable? Did someone say "Titans?"

Yeah 1080p still seems to be the sweet spot for graphical fidelity to performance ratios. It's only when you get to the "luxury" end of cards that 1440p becomes 1080p in that ratio! And 4K being playable? Did someone say "Titans?"

Not everyone has Nvidia sending three Titan X's like JayzTwoCents. lol

Not everyone has Nvidia sending three Titan X's like JayzTwoCents. lol

xD I know but I can't hate on Jay as a person. He's a pretty cool cat! He just got into the right career! ;)

The 970ti would basically just be a 980...

So No, there won't be one.

Congrats, you finally figured it out! I decided it wasn't an issue within days of the news being released.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

The 970ti would basically just be a 980...

So No, there won't be one.

Congrats, you finally figured it out! I decided it wasn't an issue within days of the news being released.

Lol I wasn't even part of the whole debate! I have only started looking at PC in the past week. Lets just say I'm Ultron. Learning everything at the moment!