first time computer build, which to get?

Go to solution Solved by pomaranc,

What is the computer going to be used for and what is your budget?

Follow your topic ;) @tiesabsil1999

I`m not sure which cpu to get and therefor I can`t get any further....

Should I go with an i7 or i5 and is overclocking with those cpu`s worth it?

And when I get these cpu`s, which cooler should I get, so far I`ve made these two pcpartpicker lists.

A low as possible price would be nice, but not an extreme must.

The i5 one:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ctYVTW

The i7 one:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6cL6FT

Nevertheless thanks :)

to game or not to game, that`s the question

Both are fine. But if you're only gaming buy the i5. The 212Evo is fine for moderate overclocking. And yes, it is worth it.

Get a better PSU, though. 

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

probably school, gaming ( mostly skyrim, minecraft and fps stuff), and watching movies and series

I don`t really have a budget, but something that is fairly cheap around the 1500 price range would be nice

NO KINGSTON V300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why not? is it that bad?

Both are fine. But if you're only gaming buy the i5. The 212Evo is fine for moderate overclocking. And yes, it is worth it.

Get a better PSU, though. 

why? it does have a 80+ bronze tag, so I don`t see why?

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Nevermind, this is a good PSU, I've used it in 2 of my builds and it work fine. 

I don`t really have a budget, but something that is fairly cheap around the 1500 price range would be nice

Get i5 than, i7 will give you really small improvement in games and it is not worth it. Your i5 build looks nice but unless you plan to get second GPU get good quality 550-650W PSU, however if you plan to SLI get EVGA 750G2 it is the best PSU for 970SLI :) Get R5 if you can as well if the price isn't too higher, you also don't need 2 extra fans, just get one for extra front intake to get slightly possitive air pressure.

80+ bronze is nothing special now,

I would get a bare i5 (non K series) and focus on geting a better storage drive. The improvement you can get from overclocking that processor is not worth the price increase. At least in my opinion. Get something like a 850 pro series ssd from samsung. Will improve the speed of everyday tasks drastically. And yes NO KINGSTON V300 SSD!!!!!!!!!!

My rig:
CPU: i7 4790k @4.5ghz (1.165v) COOLER: Hyper 212 Evo  MOBO: Asus Maximus VI EXTREME   RAM: 8GB Kingston FURY @1866 Mhz   GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DUAL SLI   PSU: Corsair HX750   CASE: NZXT Phantom 830 HDD: WD Black 3TB SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256Gb

Almost every shitty PSU has a bronze efficiency rate. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a good PSU.

It has some bad quality capacitors and there are some issues with the 3.3v rail.

On Corsair's line-up, you should only buy CS, RM, HX and AX. Everything other than that is mediocre.

Nevermind, this is a good PSU, I've used it in 2 of my builds and it work fine. 

Even a no name psu works fine if it has the sufficient wattage. Question is, until when will it work fine and if it blows will it take your PC with it.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

Get a corair power supply or antec. They seem to be good brands

My rig:
CPU: i7 4790k @4.5ghz (1.165v) COOLER: Hyper 212 Evo  MOBO: Asus Maximus VI EXTREME   RAM: 8GB Kingston FURY @1866 Mhz   GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DUAL SLI   PSU: Corsair HX750   CASE: NZXT Phantom 830 HDD: WD Black 3TB SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256Gb

Almost every shitty PSU has a bronze efficiency rate. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a good PSU.

It has some bad quality capacitors and there are some issues with the 3.3v rail.

On Corsair's line-up, you should only buy CS, RM, HX and AX. Everything other than that is mediocre.

Even a no name psu works fine if it has the correct wattage. Question is, until when will it work fine and if it blows will it take your PC with it

Corsair is a good brand and this PSU is 80+ Bronze, semi-modular at a good price. Check the reviews on Newegg they are pretty good. 

My friend have this PSU on his PC and it's been 2 years now since I've done the build and it work great. Do you have proof that it's not a good quality PSU ? 

Corsair is a good brand and this PSU is 80+ Bronze, semi-modular at a good price. Check the reviews on Newegg they are pretty good. 

My friend have this PSU on his PC and it's been 2 years now since I've done the build and it work great. Do you have proof that it's not a good quality PSU ? 

Corsair is just a sticker on the PSU.

Newegg reviews are irrelevant, but whatever. I didn't say it was bad, I just he could get a better one. 

And no, it's not really a "good quality" PSU, not at seasonic/superflower/enermax levels.

Corsair is just a sticker on the PSU.

Newegg reviews are irrelevant, but whatever. I didn't say it was bad, I just he could get a better one. 

And no, it's not really a "good quality" PSU, not at seasonic/superflower/enermax levels.

For the price it's a good PSU.

How do you know that it's not has good has Seasonic, Superflower, Enermax ? It's your personnal experience ? 

Because like I said I've used several Corsair PSU and I never had any problem with them.

Personally i have the hx750 and it is working very well. I recommend it :-)

My rig:

For the price it's a good PSU.

How do you know that it's not has good has Seasonic, Superflower, Enermax ? It's your personnal experience ? 

Because like I said I've used several Corsair PSU and I never had any problem with them.

No, it's called reading reviews from experts on sites such as jonnyguru, not reviews from kids at newegg.

I also didn't say you'd have problems with a corsair CX. I just said OP could buy a better PSU.

Is that hard to understand?