How does it work..

Go to solution Solved by Necrodead,

Woah, I think all the guy asked was what screws to use and I don't think anyone got the real question. He wasn't asking weather to do push or pull, just what screws to use, right? forgive me if I'm wrong.

The long screws are used to attach the fans. If you have fan screws, those will not work on a radiator. (well they might but they were never meant to, they may damage the rad) If your H110 came with short versions of the long screws, they are called M3, they have a fine thread, that would be used to attach the radiaor to the case with no fans in between. They look like this:12-x-m3x4mm-hard-drive-laptop-screws-%5B

and you probably want 4mm long m3 threaded to attach your radiator to your case with no gaskets or fans in between.

Say if I wanted to pre install the fans on my radiator before installing the radiator in my case, would I use the long screws provided to screw in the fans to the radiator then the fan screws provided with the fans to screw in the radiator?

Installing it vice versa has always resulted in sore knuckles and a terribly scratched radiator..

Say if I wanted to pre install the fans on my radiator before installing the fans

What are you trying to ask? You can't install the fans before installing the fans? I'm confused...

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

Fixed, i'm tired sorry ahaha

Okay, use the fans that came with the radiator, from all experiences with me the ones with the fan are never long enough. Use the screws that came with the radiator on everything.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

Okay, use the fans that came with the radiator, from all experiences with me the ones with the fan are never long enough. Use the screws that came with the radiator on everything.

No you don't get what I mean..

I want to install the fans to the radiator and then install the radiator to the case with fans on bottom thus meaning I would have nothing to screw the radiator in with.

Basically what i'm asking is if I can just install the radiator (with no fans on the install side) with the small fan screws.

Say if I wanted to pre install the fans on my radiator before installing the radiator in my case, would I use the long screws provided to screw in the fans to the radiator then the fan screws provided with the fans to screw in the radiator?

Installing it vice versa has always resulted in sore knuckles and a terribly scratched radiator..

If installing the fans between the radiator and the case, use the long screws, put the screws down through the fans, then screw them into the radiator, then you're good to go.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

No you don't get what I mean..

I want to install the fans to the radiator and then install the radiator to the case with fans on bottom thus meaning I would have nothing to screw the radiator in with.

Basically what i'm asking is if I can just install the radiator (with no fans on the install side) with the small fan screws.

Oh okay. What the person above said.

Current PC: 

If installing the fans between the radiator and the case, use the long screws, put the screws down through the fans, then screw them into the radiator, then you're good to go.

I want fans bottom not fans on top..

What am I using to attach the radiator to the case?

The screws aren't long enough to go the whole way through.

Like this

I want fans bottom not fans on top..

What am I using to attach the radiator to the case?

The screws aren't long enough to go the whole way through.

Ah, for that you would use short screws to screw into the radiator from outside the case, then use longer screws for attaching the fans to the bottom.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Ah, for that you would use short screws to screw into the radiator from outside the case, then use longer screws for attaching the fans to the bottom.

What are short screws?

The screws that screw in fans?

What are short screws?

The screws that screw in fans?

they can be, the long screws might of been to tap the fan. That why it was to hard to get in.

they can be, the long screws might of been to tap the fan. That why it was to hard to get in.

No I could never line it up, that's why.

So I can use fan screws? Specific answers would be nice :P

No I could never line it up, that's why.

So I can use fan screws? Specific answers would be nice :P

yes, the small ones. i think you have to install the rad under the fans, so they will be pulling air through the rad and out the case. im going to open the case of to make sure. 

edit what fans/rad did you get so i don't ;)

ok, so yeah it looks like if the long screws dont all the way through the rad and fans to hold them all in, use the small one to attach to your case then the bigs one should thread partway into the fan to be held up o so gingerly i guess. 

bah was thinking you had a completely different case. 

yes, the small ones. i think you have to install the rad under the fans, so they will be pulling air through the rad and out the case. im going to open the case of to make sure. 

edit what fans/rad did you get so i don't ;)

It's not the radiator, I think it's my shitty cube case tbh.

H110 with stock fans.

Needs RMAd then i'm getting Noctua P14s fans.

Most people who installed the H110 in the case I am looking at did it the way I am asking about so..

Woah, I think all the guy asked was what screws to use and I don't think anyone got the real question. He wasn't asking weather to do push or pull, just what screws to use, right? forgive me if I'm wrong.

The long screws are used to attach the fans. If you have fan screws, those will not work on a radiator. (well they might but they were never meant to, they may damage the rad) If your H110 came with short versions of the long screws, they are called M3, they have a fine thread, that would be used to attach the radiaor to the case with no fans in between. They look like this:12-x-m3x4mm-hard-drive-laptop-screws-%5B

and you probably want 4mm long m3 threaded to attach your radiator to your case with no gaskets or fans in between.

This is what I wanted thanks :D

This is what I wanted thanks :D

Problem is, the screws have to have the same diameter and type of threading as the radiator - and since there are radiators with different types of threading around, there is no definitive answer to your question. M3, M4 or 6-32 UNC ... and if they don't match, they won't fit. So (as usual): it depends.

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)

Problem is, the screws have to have the same diameter and type of threading as the radiator - and since there are radiators with different types of threading around, there is no definitive answer to your question. M3, M4 or 6-32 UNC ... and if they don't match, they won't fit. So (as usual): it depends.

So if it doesn't come with small screws, I have to do it the other way around basically?

The H110 and other corsair radiators are M3 threaded, I know what I'm saying, don't worry.

The H110 and other corsair radiators are M3 threaded, I know what I'm saying, don't worry.

Just so that Tim Drake understands that it'll only work for certain combinations, but not in general. ;)

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)