My 1TB HDD Isn't Showing Up In 'My Computer - Devices & Drives'?

Bogstench
Go to solution Solved by Jade,

Right click on the 931GB unallocated partiton, new simple partition, and follow the wizard.

Hi everyone. 

I've just finished putting together a new computer but for some reason my WD Blue 1TB isn't showing up, though, my 128GB SSD *is* showing up.

Here's a snap I took to show you: 9c3fd82d33509d042e600bd56234754f.png

But, in the Disk Manager it does show up like this: 7a92cd5a4407fd9862c96c3374fe6355.png

I would like to obviously store most of the stuff that's not specific games / programs and other files onto my 1TB.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm really new to this (owned a laptop until now).

What do I do to get it to show up for use?

Right click on the 931GB unallocated partiton, new simple partition, and follow the wizard.

Hmm, usally when you put in a new harddrive you have to format it for it to be used.

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

Hah! That did it. Seemed so easy. Thanks so much  :lol: !

~snip~

Hey Bogstench,

As @Jade explained, new drives need to be initialized, partitioned and formatted. Did you use that drive before or is it a brand new one? And why is the System Reserved partition on the HDD? 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Hey Bogstench,

As @Jade explained, new drives need to be initialized, partitioned and formatted. Did you use that drive before or is it a brand new one? And why is the System Reserved partition on the HDD? 

Captain_WD.

It's completely brand new. I just told Windows 8.1 before it installed, to install it on my SSD. That's really all I've done.