Adobe cc pr help

scobie56

is there a way to use my gpu to export videos 

i have selected cuda in the menu but when i export videos it uses my cpu still 

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

is there a way to use my gpu to export videos 

i have selected cuda in the menu but when i export videos it uses my cpu still 

Even with Cuda and OpenCL, you will see a heavy CPU load. There is no way around that. 

Is your GPU(s) being used at all? (Check with MSI Afterburner or GPUz (etc) to check usage during export). 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

it renders using your CPU but CUDA is CPU acceleration which helps improve render times. Why would you like it to not use your CPU? Working on more videos because if so maybe batch render when you are done.

Even with Cuda and OpenCL, you will see a heavy CPU load. There is no way around that. 

Is your GPU(s) being used at all? (Check with MSI Afterburner or GPUz (etc) to check usage during export). 

no my gpu is at about 6% but isn't at idle my idle is normal at 0-1 

no my gpu is at about 6% but isn't at idle my idle is normal at 0-1 

Are you using a supported GPU? iirc, GTX780 (not ti) and Titan Black are the newest supported for cuda without hacking (which is never guaranteed, nor supported). Here is the list (look under Windows Cuda) https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

Are you using a supported GPU? iirc, GTX780 (not ti) and Titan Black are the newest supported for cuda without hacking (which is never guaranteed, nor supported). Here is the list (look under Windows Cuda) https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

The hack actually works well on some cards and others will cause issues. It is one of those do your research and testing first. While not supported my 660 ti does work yet my friends 680 does not work well.

The hack actually works well on some cards and others will cause issues. It is one of those do your research and testing first. While not supported my 660 ti does work yet my friends 680 does not work well.

As said, Not Guaranteed and Definitely not supported (Adobe will tell you to use a supported GPU).   Stick to the list to ensure the product works properly. 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

As said, Not Guaranteed and Definitely not supported (Adobe will tell you to use a supported GPU).   Stick to the list to ensure the product works properly. 

I get that just saying unless you are doing to professionally often you can get away with it but do expect to deal with some issues. Of course Adobe will say use the supported... I already said some won't work, some will. It is a use at your own risk thing. It can be great if you have the right card and are fine with the occasional issue. But if you want it to work near perfect yes get a supported card. Supported card almost always preferred.

I get that just saying unless you are doing to professionally 

I fail to see what that has to do with it. You are spending a lot of money (assuming you are not a pirate)  to use the program. Professional or not, just use what is guaranteed to work, which has many quite affordable consumer GPUs on that list. 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I fail to see what that has to do with it. You are spending a lot of money (assuming you are not a pirate)  to use the program. Professional or not, just use what is guaranteed to work, which has many quite affordable consumer GPUs on that list. 

its a real copy and i have a gtx 970

its a real copy and i have a gtx 970

Are you using the hack to enable Cuda support on unsupported cards? If not give it a try (your card is not officially supported, and as such it can be hit or miss if it will actually work or not). 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

And if you don't already own one of those cards but decided you want to use premiere what do you do then.... Reason I mentioned professionally is because most professionals rather supported cards and having to go buy them if they don't already have them where a consumer or prosumer would likely not want to just go buy a GPU to it is supported many rather try the hack. And what does paying or pirating the program have to do with GPUs? Also "just use what is guaranteed to work" , how about use what works weather is it supported or not.

And if you don't already own one of those cards but decided you want to use premiere what do you do then.... 

Buy one that works. It is not expensive (the GTX400 series is supported, as is the HD6000 and 7000 series, all of which can be had for under $100, which is a small investment compared to the money you will spend on CC in a year). 

As for using what works if it is not supported, that is simply because if you run into an issue, you will be spending a lot of time and money to come to the conclusion that your GPU is the issue. Don't what to use the supported products, then use CPU rendering which will work on any x86 CPU that supports the OS you are running (to an extent, I would not suggest running CC on a Pentium 3 or Athlon 64 for example, even though they will run windows 8 and 7). Save yourself teh trouble if you are having to pay the money for CC, rather than adding issues to your renders.     

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Buy one that works. It is not expensive (the GTX400 series is supported, as is the HD6000 and 7000 series, all of which can be had for under $100, which is a small investment compared to the money you will spend on CC in a year). 

As for using what works if it is not supported, that is simply because if you run into an issue, you will be spending a lot of time and money to come to the conclusion that your GPU is the issue. Don't what to use the supported products, then use CPU rendering which will work on any x86 CPU that supports the OS you are running (to an extent, I would not suggest running CC on a Pentium 3 or Athlon 64 for example, even though they will run windows 8 and 7). Save yourself teh trouble if you are having to pay the money for CC, rather than adding issues to your renders.     

Sure the 400 series is supported but if you use the hack the 700 series will be better. You also know that your GPU is not supported so if you are having issues first thing to check is if the gpu is affecting it. Not hard and sure you could render using CPU only but it is not as quick. It is not much trouble if you spend 15 min figuring out the problem by removing the gpu. Plus remember OP likely is not only using this PC for Adobe stuff so having a newer gpu is likely better. CC is a good amount of money yes so adding even more cost by buying a gpu does not make sense unless you are a professional or really love it as a hobby/have money coming out the ass. 

You also realize that the hack is a well known thing and is known to work most of the time right? So yes try it even if it is not supported or recommended by Adobe, worst that will happen is you waste 2 or 3 hours best case you save money and cut your render time down. 2 or 3 hours must be a ton to you. 

You also realize that the hack is a well known thing and is known to work most of the time right? So yes try it even if it is not supported or recommended by Adobe, worst that will happen is you waste 2 or 3 hours best case you save money and cut your render time down. 2 or 3 hours must be a ton to you. 

Yes the 700 series will be better. Better yet, buy the SUPPORTED 780. 

Hacking may work sure, but in the end, you are likely not going to save enough hassle to make the saved $100 worth it. Also, if you are paying $600($240 if you only use one of the apps) a year for a program you have to hack to use, you have some massive mental issues. 

What you seem to be saying is that you would rather not have a guaranteed solution. I bet you would also suggest a Hackintosh, or overclocking every component of a system, correct? (These are Professional Apps, and using them for personal projects is a waste of money, especially if you are not using the correct hardware). 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yes the 700 series will be better. Better yet, buy the SUPPORTED 780. 

Hacking may work sure, but in the end, you are likely not going to save enough hassle to make the saved $100 worth it. Also, if you are paying $600($240 if you only use one of the apps) a year for a program you have to hack to use, you have some massive mental issues. 

What you seem to be saying is that you would rather not have a guaranteed solution. I bet you would also suggest a Hackintosh, or overclocking every component of a system, correct? (These are Professional Apps, and using them for personal projects is a waste of money, especially if you are not using the correct hardware). 

Seriously nothing you are saying makes any sense, you just sounds ignorant. Also people can use the software for what ever they wish to.. and yes overclocking is a good idea in some cases.

Seriously nothing you are saying makes any sense, you just sounds ignorant. Also people can use the software for what ever they wish to.. and yes overclocking is a good idea in some cases.

Yes, In a few very limited cases it is a good idea.  That said, you are not making sense, spending this much money on a program that is designed by and for professional video work, and choosing to do so by hacking that program. That is ignorant on your part. (there are plenty of FOSS and personal level programs out there to edit your videos if you do not want to use the correct hardware to support your nearly $600/$250 software, hack them all you want. 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler