So i intend to build a new PC, since i didnt upgrade my last one for a while and i want the new to last for at least 5 years and being able to cope with the new games.

Components:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Intel Core i5-4690K

CoolerMaster Seidon 120V Ver.2

Kingston HyperX Fury Red 8GB DDR3-1866MHz 2x4

MSI Radeon R9 290 4GB Gaming

EVGA supernova 750 g2

phanteks enthoo pro case

So i have two questions:

1) There is another gpu that i find good , Gigabyte geforce gtx 970 and the difference is around 70$

2) Are there any suggestions or any bottlenecking in the build??

I suggest you use PCPartpicker for planing builds as it is very organized and many people on this forum swear by it. Looks like this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kH2wXL

Anyway, that is a retty nice build. I wish I had that. I am stuck with my g3258 and 750ti for a while. If you want it to be a little bit longer lasting, go with a 970

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

Looks good.

What resolution are you gaming at?

I'd probably nudge toward 970 if you're gaming at 1080p.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

If you are really want to future proof it, either go for a 970 or wait until June for the release of Fiji gpu's.

There will most likely be a small price drop on the current gen r9 200 series when they are released, so it might be worth waiting it out :)

Apart from that the build looks great (y), And to what @dizmo said, the resolution that you will be gaming at helps decide what gpu you will need :P

Edit:
Just out of curiosity, what are you going to be doing for storage? 

Asus Maximus - VII - Ranger || I5-4690k @ Stock... for now at least :P || Noctua DH-14 || eVGA Gtx 970 FTW edition || G_skill Areas 8gb RAM || Samsung 440 evo SSD 120gb || 2x Seagate Barracuda 2tb drives.

I suggest you use PCPartpicker for planing builds as it is very organized and many people on this forum swear by it. Looks like this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kH2wXL

Anyway, that is a retty nice build. I wish I had that. I am stuck with my g3258 and 750ti for a while. If you want it to be a little bit longer lasting, go with a 970

Tnx for the link,,, i ll sure give it a lot of tries :)

Looks good.

What resolution are you gaming at?

I'd probably nudge toward 970 if you're gaming at 1080p.

Most probably wont try higher than 1080p. but if possible i d give it a chance for entertaining myslef.  TNX 

If you are really want to future proof it, either go for a 970 or wait until June for the release of Fiji gpu's.

There will most likely be a small price drop on the current gen r9 200 series when they are released, so it might be worth waiting it out :)

Apart from that the build looks great (y), And to what @dizmo said, the resolution that you will be gaming at helps decide what gpu you will need :P

Edit:

i actually intend to buy everything around June, so if there is a decent price reduction i ll go with the R9, otherwise i ll most probably go with the 970. I allready have a Kingston SSD 240 GB and i ll take the 1TB HDD from the old build. TNX 

Most probably wont try higher than 1080p. but if possible i d give it a chance for entertaining myslef.  TNX 

The 970 easily maxes everything out at 1080p, You can also run/use DSR and use 1440p quite comfortably on the 970 :)

Im not 100% about the price reduction, I just assumed because the next gen of cards would be out the price of last gen would drop a little.

Asus Maximus - VII - Ranger || I5-4690k @ Stock... for now at least :P || Noctua DH-14 || eVGA Gtx 970 FTW edition || G_skill Areas 8gb RAM || Samsung 440 evo SSD 120gb || 2x Seagate Barracuda 2tb drives.

The 970 easily maxes everything out at 1080p, You can also run/use DSR and use 1440p quite comfortably on the 970 :)

Im not 100% about the price reduction, I just assumed because the next gen of cards would be out the price of last gen would drop a little.

So the 970 outclasses the R9 by far, right? As long as the price wont go a lot higher than 1000$ i am ok,,, 

(btw, in a 1080p monitor will the dsr show the 1440p res or not ) :/

So the 970 outclasses the R9 by far, right? As long as the price wont go a lot higher than 1000$ i am ok,,, 

(btw, in a 1080p monitor will the dsr show the 1440p res or not ) :/

In terms of performance, the 970 will out perform the 290 in both 1080 and 1440p by a small margin, Im not sure what the prices are like were you live, but the 290 is $400~ and the 970 is $500~. If you want best price to performance go for the 290, if you want to get those 5-10 fps on the games go for the 970. One of the biggest differences that are present is the heat output of each card. The r9 290 can get quite hot, but that should be much of an issue. 

Not sure if this applies to you but, the 970 is alot more energy efficient as well.

DSR is done through GForce Experience (Nvidia Desktop App), it lets you change your res. to a DSR res. and therefore making the game render at 1440p / 4k. When in the game you can then change the res. from 1080p - 1440p with ease :)

Edit: Clarity

Yes the 1440p res will be available on a 1080p monitor, however this is only available on the 970 as the r9 290 does not support this :)

And no the 970 does not beat the 290 by far, however I own a 970 and am very happy with it :) 

In terms of performance, the 970 will out perform the 290 in both 1080 and 1440p, but it is more expensive - not sure if this applies to you but, the 970 is alot more energy efficient as well.

DSR is done through GForce Experience (Nvidia Desktop App), it lets you change your res. to a DSR res. and therefore making the game render at 1440p / 4k. When in the game you can then change the res. from 1080p - 1440p with ease :)

Edit: Clarity

Yes the 1440p res will be available on a 1080p monitor, however this is only available on the 970 as the r9 290 does not support this :)

Tnx for the info :). comparing the 970 with my present ??gt9600?? and the options that become available is a bit much. I am now considering buying a new monitor (when the time comes that i ll have enough cash :( ) to experience every potential. 

Tnx for the info :). comparing the 970 with my present ??gt9600?? and the options that become available is a bit much. I am now considering buying a new monitor (when the time comes that i ll have enough cash :( ) to experience every potential. 

You will see a huge improvement upgrading to a 970/290 from a gt 9600, it is really up to you what card you want to get, neither of them will disappoint.

If you can wait to June, have a look at some of the benchmarks for the r9 300 series, they look like they will be very competitively priced :)  

You will see a huge improvement upgrading to a 970/290 from a gt 9600, it is really up to you what card you want to get, neither of them will disappoint.

If you can wait to June, have a look at some of the benchmarks for the r9 300 series, they look like they will be very competitively priced :)

TNX again, i ll sure take a look at both prices and benchmarks :)

Edit:

hey again, after some recearch on the 970, i saw that there is a kind of a problem with its RAM not being 4GB, and actually 3.5, ( i know that there is not a huge difference but it somehow bothers me, when its a lot more expensive than the r9 290). Aditionally, i found out that the saphire vapor R9 290 can be cooler and more OC friendly than the R9 gaming and on top of that, (just to match the colors) want to change the msi z97 gaming to the msi z97 pc mate. 

Edited by AizenSoSuKe

hey again, after some recearch on the 970, i saw that there is a kind of a problem with its RAM not being 4GB, and actually 3.5, ( i know that there is not a huge difference but it somehow bothers me, when its a lot more expensive than the r9 290). Aditionally, i found out that the saphire vapor R9 290 can be cooler and more OC friendly than the R9 gaming and on top of that, (just to match the colors) want to change the msi z97 gaming to the msi z97 pc mate.

netseer_tag_id = '15360'; netseer_ad_width = '1000'; netseer_ad_height = '40'; netseer_task = 'ad'; netseer_imp_type = '1'; netseer_imp_src = '2';

It actually has 4gb or ram, however after the first 3.5 has been used the remaining .5gb is slower. Most games wont be using more than 3gb vram, and at 1080p you 2-3gb is more than fine for gaming. The advertised 4gbvram is just to make it 1440p friendly.

In regards to the mobo, any msi, gigabyte and asus motherboards will be fine, and because your getting an unlocked cpu, you will want to get a z97 chipset so you can overclock it :)