Help connecting an external monitor (Dell) to a laptop (Dell)

Maheshvara

So, today i got a Dell e190s monitor (courtesy of my father), and i've been trying to connect it to my Dell Latitude 3450. 

As far as i know, drivers aren't the problem, and monitor recognized that it's been plugged into a PC/laptop.

Monitor works, i'm currently using it on my Toshiba Satellite a500-13f, but it won't work on Dell. I'm thinking that the port in Dell is dead, but how do i check it really is O.o 

P.S. This isn't a first monitor that didn't work on this (Dell) laptop. I also have some ind of AOE 22" FHD monitor that also wouldn't work on it....

Well, heres how to tell if the port is dead: Plug a known working monitor into it, right click your desktop, open the resolution settings panel, have it scan for new displays, if none show up, then the port is possibly dead, another thing to do is check the function keys to see if there is one for displays.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Well, heres how to tell if the port is dead: Plug a known working monitor into it, right click your desktop, open the resolution settings panel, have it scan for new displays, if none show up, then the port is possibly dead, another thing to do is check the function keys to see if there is one for displays.

I actually did just that, but it wouldn't detect anything, and as far as Fn key goes, i think that Fn+F1 is for external monitor, and that does nothing... :(

I actually did just that, but it wouldn't detect anything, and as far as Fn key goes, i think that Fn+F1 is for external monitor, and that does nothing... :(

Well, I'd guess the port is dead then :/

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W