Google Search Change?

I must have missed something recently. 

I did a regular Google search and there were ads. I have adblock plus installed. Other searches sometimes bring up ads as well. I thought, ok maybe google changed some things with it's search. Well, I just checked the top right of my chrome extensions and also noticed something different. The bookmarks star. It changed. This is even more odd considering I did a chrome update check last night in which there were no updates. Since then, the last time I opened chrome was when I got home and noticed the search change. 

pj2Jl6j.png

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

solution: stop using chrome

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

ABP has an option for allowing "acceptable ads". Acceptable ads meaning things that are non-disruptive. There are also companies who paid ABP to not block their ads. There's also the option that the ads are from actual adware. A lot of times this will be obvious due to a small "ad by AdCompanyNameHere" text at the bottom.

As for the bookmark change, it's been around for a while now. It has existed as an option in about:flags, but was recently moved in as the default. You can still turn it off in about:flags, just disable Enable Enhanced Bookmarks.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.