Is it my RAM or MoBo?

What's a GPU?

So I built this PC back in September and the very first problem I encountered with this was the RAM. When I put it into the slots it never registered as being there when I went to start the PC, so I was unable to post. I eventually fixed the problem by basically jamming the RAM sticks in as far as possible. However I feel this may have damaged either the MoBo or the sticks because throughout the life of the PC I have more and more often been getting random blue-screens that say something along the lines of "Memory_Management_Error". Recently it has been happening a lot, and I think it has been causing chrome to give me an "Aw Snap!" error screen. I ran mem-test for a while and there was a ton of errors that showed up only 2 seconds into the test and it continued like that for hours. So my question here is, is there a way for me to be able to tell whether the RAM is whats damaged or possibly the RAM slots? 

-J.T.

So I built this PC back in September and the very first problem I encountered with this was the RAM. When I put it into the slots it never registered as being there when I went to start the PC, so I was unable to post. I eventually fixed the problem by basically jamming the RAM sticks in as far as possible. However I feel this may have damaged either the MoBo or the sticks because throughout the life of the PC I have more and more often been getting random blue-screens that say something along the lines of "Memory_Management_Error". Recently it has been happening a lot, and I think it has been causing chrome to give me an "Aw Snap!" error screen. I ran mem-test for a while and there was a ton of errors that showed up only 2 seconds into the test and it continued like that for hours. So my question here is, is there a way for me to be able to tell whether the RAM is whats damaged or possibly the RAM slots? 

If errors show up during memtest, it's the Memory, not the motherboard. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

If errors show up during memtest, it's the Memory, not the motherboard. 

Hmm okay, I was just worried that it may be a damaged connection that was causing the errors since I ran several tests and occasionally a test would fail but then on another run the exact same test would pass. 

-J.T.

Hmm okay, I was just worried that it may be a damaged connection that was causing the errors since I ran several tests and occasionally a test would fail but then on another run the exact same test would pass. 

No, if the connector was damaged I can say with 99% positivity it would not even run. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

No, if the connector was damaged I can say with 99% positivity it would not even run. 

Okay, well at least that is the easier of the two fixes then.

-J.T.

Okay, well at least that is the easier of the two fixes then.

I'd suggest RMA'ing it. Just RMA both sticks. Or all 4, rather then spending the time to test each stick.