which hard to get?

chickenkill
Go to solution Solved by Captain_WD,

hi 

im gonna get a new hdd and i went to shop they all have only these 2 drives wd blue and a toshiba hdd its sata 3 and 7200rpm and has 16mb cache.  both are 500 gigs. and the wd is 10$ more than the toshiba is it worth the 10$ more or should i just buy the wd? 

wd is 58$ while the toshiba is 48$

Hey chickenkill,

What are you going to use the drive for? WD Blue is a good and a reliable drive for everyday usage. The 500GB version with 16MB cache is the WD5000AAKX model while the 500GB version with the 32MB cache is the WD5000AZLX model and has a bit better speeds. Which one are you looking at? I would collect as many reviews and opinions as possible in order to make the best decision. :)

Captain_WD.

hi 

im gonna get a new hdd and i went to shop they all have only these 2 drives wd blue and a toshiba hdd its sata 3 and 7200rpm and has 16mb cache.  both are 500 gigs. and the wd is 10$ more than the toshiba is it worth the 10$ more or should i just buy the wd? 

hi 

I would buy the WD just for the terms of warranty. I don't know what Toshiba's warranty is like. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

I would buy the WD just for the terms of warranty. I don't know what Toshiba's warranty is like. 

both of them gives 1 year. warrenty.

May not be worth 10 $ more

But I will go with WD just for their support/RMA procedure if that's the only difference

Finally got PS4 Pro

both of them gives 1 year. warrenty.

I thought WD Blue comes with 3 year warranty, or does it depend on region as well?

Finally got PS4 Pro

I thought WD Blue comes with 3 year warranty, or does it depend on region as well?

in my county it depends on the vendor.

Western Digital > Toshiba

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Toshiba.

why do you think its better than the wd while all the others said wd.

why do you think its better than the wd while all the others said wd.

Toshiba HDDs are good contrary to popular belief. I have had experience with both HDDs and toshiba HDD are about the same as WD blue as far a specifications go, WD HDD can't take knocks and they both come with the same 1 year warranty and it is cheaper in your country.

I am also not loyal to brand.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Toshiba HDDs are good contrary to popular belief. I have had experience with both HDDs and toshiba HDD are about the same as WD blue as far a specifications go, WD HDD can't take knocks and they both come with the same 1 year warranty and it is cheaper in your country.

I am also not loyal to brand.

the toshiba one has only 16mb cache while wd has 32 will this be a problem?  im gonna use it as my primary device.

hi 

Hey chickenkill,

What are you going to use the drive for? WD Blue is a good and a reliable drive for everyday usage. The 500GB version with 16MB cache is the WD5000AAKX model while the 500GB version with the 32MB cache is the WD5000AZLX model and has a bit better speeds. Which one are you looking at? I would collect as many reviews and opinions as possible in order to make the best decision. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

the toshiba one has only 16mb cache while wd has 32 will this be a problem?  im gonna use it as my primary device.

It would depend on the RPMs of each HDD and the motherboard's sata and chipset drivers. the HDD cache is from storing data on the drive itself so there would be less time spent on seeking, as a result the WD will be a bit faster but not by much.

@OP

if you live near Microcenter,  they have Toshiba 5TB 7200rpm 128mb cache HDD's(internal) on sale for $139 and it comes with 3 year warranty

bought a couple myself.  So far I have vigorously tested one of the drives and it passed with flying colors.  Now I have to test the second drive, unfortunately it's very time consuming....better safe than sorry. 

Hey chickenkill,

Captain_WD.

im going to use the drive as my primary device and install games and apps in it. im unsure of which model it is i though that it only comes in 32mb. im gonna go tomorrow and check. okay ill take your advice and hear more opinions.

It would depend on the RPMs of each HDD and the motherboard's sata and chipset drivers. the HDD cache is from storing data on the drive itself so there would be less time spent on seeking, as a result the WD will be a bit faster but not by much.

my mbo is dh77kc and and my chipset is the 77 series i dont know my current driver verison.

@OP

if you live near Microcenter,  they have Toshiba 5TB 7200rpm 128mb cache HDD's(internal) on sale for $139 and it comes with 3 year warranty

bought a couple myself.  So far I have vigorously tested one of the drives and it passed with flying colors.  Now I have to test the second drive, unfortunately it's very time consuming....better safe than sorry. 

i don't live i the us. ya better safe than sorry is true thats why even though the hdd cost under 60$ igettinm g many opinions as i can before getting it.

Don't waste your money on Toshiba drives, they're poor compared to what Seagate and Western Digital is offering at similar price. I would  advise you to either get a Western Digital Blue or Seagate Barracuda if you need a cheap but OK'ish drive.

i don't live i the us. ya better safe than sorry is true thats why even though the hdd cost under 60$ igettinm g many opinions as i can before getting it.

I follow you wholeheartedly  as i too don't reside in the US, which means our perspectives on things vary.