First Build Help

Hi everyone! First post in these forums so pardon my informality. This is my first PC build and I was hoping you guys could help me fix anything that could be fixed. As well, my budget is hopefully around $1500. I'm hoping to get some help to maybe find ways to lower the overall price, even if it is by a few dollars. If there's anything I need help with the most, it's the motherboard. I mainly play CS:GO which explains the 144Hz monitor, but I do plan on playing other games that would obviously use more power than CS:GO (GTA V, etc.). As for peripherals, I am already set with the peripherals I have so I'm fine with that. I plan on using Windows 8 for the OS. I also do some video editing so the processing power would be pretty handy. Here's the build so far anyways. If you have any questions or if I missed anything or have suggestions please feel free to let me know. I don't have huge huge amount of knowledge but I have the basics down for the most part, but the help is very much appreciated. Just as a note, I plan on buying all the parts from Memory Express so if you have any parts to suggest, please have it available from ME. Thanks =]

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/scTqyc

Edit: For video editing, I'll be using programs like After Effects, Premiere Pro, and C4D/3DS Max

Edit 2: I believe this will be the final build =] http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/hnqgmGmight change the mother board but I think it's fine already

Only thing I would change is the SSD. Sandisk, Samsung, Kingston are great SSD brands. I believe that corsair SSD uses a poopy controller.

blackshades on

Change that i7 4790 to a i5 4590/4690k and use that money for a better graphics card

SSD doesn't affect gaming performance, so you don't really need it but that's personal preference

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Only thing I would change is the SSD. Sandisk, Samsung, Kingston are great SSD brands. I believe that corsair SSD uses a poopy controller.

alright thanks! I'll go change it.

Change that i7 4790 to a i5 4590/4690k and use that money for a better graphics card

SSD doesn't affect gaming performance, so you don't really need it but that's personal preference

Would it affect editing? My laptop right now is i7, however it is 3rd generation so it's a bit older. I think I got this laptop 3 years ish ago if that helps. 

Would it affect editing? My laptop right now is i7, however it is 3rd generation so it's a bit older. I think I got this laptop 3 years ish ago if that helps. 

What kind of editing would you be doing?

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

What kind of editing would you be doing?

I'd be using After Effects CC, Premiere Pro CC, and most likely in the future 3DS Max. I would alos most likely use autocad as well since I plan on going into engineering, if that makes any difference. As for the stuff I'll be editing, I like CS:GO frag movies and aside from game editing, real short film stuff =]