Anyway of downsampling 2560x1440 @ 120/144hz on a 1080p 144hz monitor?

EroticSushi

Is there anyway of downsampling 2560x1440 at 120/144hz on a 1080p 144hz monitor?

Seems it problematic through NVIDIA Control Panel but is there a way around it? Testing a 1080p 144hz G-Sync monitor and I wanted to downsample 1440p but when setting the custom resolution in NVIDIA Control Panel, it limits it to 60hz.

Anyway of going around it for games? Maybe through a use of another program?

Is there anyway of downsampling 2560x1440 at 120/144hz on a 1080p 144hz monitor? Seems it problematic through NVIDIA Control Panel but is there a way around it? Testing a 1080p 144hz G-Sync monitor and I wanted to downsample 1440p but when setting the custom resolution in NVIDIA Control Panel, it limits it to 60hz.

You need to set up "Dynamic Super Resolution" in the Nvidia Control panel. You set the desired resolution and then quality and hit apply, allowing your games to detect your panel as a 1440p panel and allow you to use that resolution. Though I wouldn't recommend it as the performance hit is pretty hard and 1440p/4k look harsh on 1080p panels, at least in my experience.

If you don't see Dynamic Super Resolution in the control panel update your drivers, if you still don't see it your hardware is not supported (either GPU or Monitor, Gsync didn't use to support DSR then it did, then it doesn't support DSR with SLI (which caused a minor Titan Z recall, funnily enough)).

HydrOS (Waterworks 3.0) Pictures: // One // Two // Three

i7 5820k @ 4.3GHz (1.165v) // Asus X99-A // 16GB-DDR4 Vengeance 2400 CAS13 // RAID 0 Intel 730 240GB // Nvidia Titan X (+200Core +500Memory) // Swiftech D5 // ASUS ROG SWIFT

You need to set up "Dynamic Super Resolution" in the Nvidia Control panel. You set the desired resolution and then quality and hit apply, allowing your games to detect your panel as a 1440p panel and allow you to use that resolution. Though I wouldn't recommend it as the performance hit is pretty hard and 1440p/4k look harsh on 1080p panels, at least in my experience.

If you don't see Dynamic Super Resolution in the control panel update your drivers, if you still don't see it your hardware is not supported (either GPU or Monitor, Gsync didn't use to support DSR then it did, then it doesn't support DSR with SLI (which caused a minor Titan Z recall, funnily enough)).

Thanks. I didn't think of DSR. 

What does DSR Smoothness do? Not sure what percentage to set it on. 

Thanks. I didn't think of DSR. 

What does DSR Smoothness do? Not sure what percentage to set it on.

The long and short of it is to use smoothness to try and reduce the blurring of frames which is a side effect of DSR.

HydrOS (Waterworks 3.0) Pictures: // One // Two // Three

i7 5820k @ 4.3GHz (1.165v) // Asus X99-A // 16GB-DDR4 Vengeance 2400 CAS13 // RAID 0 Intel 730 240GB // Nvidia Titan X (+200Core +500Memory) // Swiftech D5 // ASUS ROG SWIFT