What's the difference of gtx with the gtx "TI"

Gigamegabyte

Can someone explain it to me concretely ?  :lol:

“Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you. There’s no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you. You can use your keys to open the door… Or lock it tight. And if you do choose to open it… You can still decide not to pass through.” -Kisuke Urahara

"Ti" is short for Titanium. it's just an improved version of the regular card with better performance

i5-4690k @ 4.2GHz | Asus Radeon R9 290 DirectCU II | Hyper 212 EVO | ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz, Corsair XMS 4GB | 850 EVO 250GB, random 1TB drive | Corsair 200R | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W | Rosewill RK-9000BR | Logitech G700s | Logitech G930 | ViewSonic VG2427wm, Dell S2209W, Dell S2009W

Dell Inspiron 3147

Latitude E5420, Samsung 840 EVO 250gb, 12gb RAM, 1600x900 display

Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz | WD Red 2TB x3 in RAID-Z, Crucial MX100 128GB(cache drive) | Fractal Design Node 304 | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB | EVGA 500B

HTC One M8 64GB, Droid Razr M

"ti" is essentially faster and better than it's non-ti counterpart.

Sometimes it means a fully unlocked chip of it's counterpart, sometimes it means a different chip entirely.

Ti is or was at least once short for "Titan(anium)".

It just means it's a better version.

CPU: i7-4770k (LM modded) - MB: GA-Z87X-UD3H - RAM: HyperX, 16GB 1866MHz - GPU: Palit GTX 980Ti Super - Storage: 1TB HDD + 500GB/120GB SSD (850 Evo/840) - Monitor: Predator XB271HU - PSU: 700W BeQuiet 80+ Gold

Normally its a slightly buffed version of the varient without the "ti"suffix. Its easier to think of it as a 5 instead of a ti, its just a gap to be filled between gpus.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

"Ti" is short for Titanium. it's just an improved version of the regular card with better performance

Titanium? The Ti in graphics card is NOT reffering to the element titanium. And it's not an improved version of the regular card, its a different card.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Normally NVIDIA has not as many different graphic chips like they sell models, so they just cut down like a GK110 GPU chip and make a cheaper card. This not only happens because they can make more money with it but also because certain chipss get produced "wrong" which would make them useless for a card that needs the full GK110 GPU chip, but if an other card only uses like half of the power from the GK110 its okey to still use it. 

Ti models are usually the full chip, in our example a full GK110, without any limitations or errors from production

It is way more difficult than this but I hope I could explain it

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Titanium? The Ti in graphics card is NOT reffering to the element titanium. And it's not an improved version of the regular card, its a different card.

Its not accurate. The ti can refer to an unlocked version of a certain chip. The original titan is a partially unlocked gk110 and the 780ti is a fully unlocked gk110.

Plus, obviously it does refer to the element. Its just marketing

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

I see but does it affect the performance of the gpu ?

“Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you. There’s no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you. You can use your keys to open the door… Or lock it tight. And if you do choose to open it… You can still decide not to pass through.” -Kisuke Urahara

Normally NVIDIA has not as many different graphic chips like they sell models, so they just cut down like a GK110 GPU chip and make a cheaper card. This not only happens because they can make more money with it but also because certain chipss get produced "wrong" which would make them useless for a card that needs the full GK110 GPU chip, but if an other card only uses like half of the power from the GK110 its okey to still use it. 

Ti models are usually the full chip, in our example a full GK110, without any limitations or errors from production

It is way more difficult than this but I hope I could explain it

But i heard that if they put "TI" on it they have put a better micro chips or whatever to improve it so thats why they call it "TI" right ?

But i heard that if they put "TI" on it they have put a better micro chips or whatever to improve it so thats why they call it "TI" right ?

Like I said the chip is "better" because its fully enabled, TIs are faster yes

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Like I said the chip is "better" because its fully enabled, TIs are faster yes

Alright thanks a lot hahahah I would buy now since im going out to buy a Xbox One controller and a new GPU with a TI in it