Google Adds Handwriting Input To Android

Syntaxvgm

Reported 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The Galaxy Note line has (had) this already too right?

If the way my Note 2 works still applies, the built-in default Samsung keyboard will automatically swap to a handwriting recognition mode when you pull the stylus out.

It's pretty good actually. Problem is Swiftkey is just so much better than the built-in keyboard. :P

wooooow, I just gave it a try. Works very well. Although a tablet and stylus combo would make the most sense because you could write continuously, writing each letter individually works perfectly fine if very slow. I personly couldn't get used to the on-screen keyboard thing so this looks like a nice feature.

And just one thing to add here, this app only wants to access media. Most keyboard apps want a whole lot more. Yes looking at you swift-key!

genitally bad writing.

Jimmy-fallon-ew.gif

PLEASE tell me you were trying to say "generally".

On topic, oh gosh, not another reason to get the Nexus 9 I really want but REALLY don't need or have money for...

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

No I mean 16:10 or preferably 3:2.

I hate widescreen. Though 3:2 is preferable to 4:3, I'd take 4:3 over 16:X anyday.

Although, 90% of my media consumption is reading, whether it's in Chrome, Flipboard or Google Play Books/Kindle/Nook. 3:2 would be better for reading landscape National Geographic in Google Play Books, but the only 3:2 tablets I can find are the Surfaces. :/

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

I hate widescreen. Though 3:2 is preferable to 4:3, I'd take 4:3 over 16:X anyday.

Although, 90% of my media consumption is reading, whether it's in Chrome, Flipboard or Google Play Books/Kindle/Nook. 3:2 would be better for reading landscape National Geographic in Google Play Books, but the only 3:2 tablets I can find are the Surfaces. :/

Why do you prefer 4:3 over 16:10? I find that about 90% of what I use my tablet for, 4:3 is the worst aspect ratio.

Reading comics? Closer to 10:16 than 4:3.

Watching video? Closer to 16:10 than 4:3.

Reading websites? Usually closer to 10:16 than 4:3 (most websites are narrow and tall, not square).

Games and stuff like that? Usually closer to 16:10 (because a lot of them are for phones which are almost always that) than 4:3.

My dream tablet is 3:2 though.

Why do you prefer 4:3 over 16:10? I find that about 90% of what I use my tablet for, 4:3 is the worst aspect ratio.

Reading comics? Closer to 10:16 than 4:3.

Watching video? Closer to 16:10 than 4:3.

Reading websites? Usually closer to 10:16 than 4:3 (most websites are narrow and tall, not square).

Games and stuff like that? Usually closer to 16:10 (because a lot of them are for phones which are almost always that) than 4:3.

My dream tablet is 3:2 though.

Don't read comics

Hardly ever watch videos on anything but my 16:9 monitor, plus 16:10 still has letterboxing.

I find a lot of sites that I read are wide (e.g. the Verge, Ars, Engadget, Android Central)

4:3 is more immersive for games IMO.

Mine too.

The aspect ratio is the only thing I really like about my iPad.