3x 1080p or one 144hz 1080p

Hey, guys. I am pondering on what to do with my monitors. I have one Asus VE228 21.5 inch monitor that I don't use. I could buy 2 more for $260 and have a great surround setup using a 3xHDMI to DP adapter. I could also get one 144hz monitor. I remember one time using 2 different monitors and a TV for surround on my old GTX 770. It was really ghetto but I do remember how immersive it was. Probably the best gaming experience for me so far. I have never experienced 144hz. It sounds great for CS:GO. What do you think I should do? Obviously I can't have both, so it's one or the other.

Hey, guys. I am pondering on what to do with my monitors. I have one Asus VE228 21.5 inch monitor that I don't use. I could buy 2 more for $260 and have a great surround setup using a 3xHDMI to DP adapter. I could also get one 144hz monitor. I remember one time using 2 different monitors and a TV for surround on my old GTX 770. It was really ghetto but I do remember how immersive it was. Probably the best gaming experience for me so far. I have never experienced 144hz. It sounds great for CS:GO. What do you think I should do? Obviously I can't have both, so it's one or the other.

i had this debate some time ago myself actually, I opted for the triple 23" 1080p setup at the time and i loved it however, The novelty wore off after some time. My dad bought an ROG Swift 2560x1440p monitor a while ago and ive spent a lot of hours with it already. I can tell you right now i really wish i would have bought the swift back then (cause that was he alternative to the triple 1080p for me) because the 144hz is fantastic and i think the buttery smoothness of it far outweighs the novelty of three screens. Easier to run to :P lol

i had this debate some time ago myself actually, I opted for the triple 23" 1080p setup at the time and i loved it however, The novelty wore off after some time. My dad bought an ROG Swift 2560x1440p monitor a while ago and ive spent a lot of hours with it already. I can tell you right now i really wish i would have bought the swift back then (cause that was he alternative to the triple 1080p for me) because the 144hz is fantastic and i think the buttery smoothness of it far outweighs the novelty of three screens. Easier to run to :P lol

For $400 at Best Buy I can get a 144hz 1080p AOC G-Sync monitor. My initial plan was to get a new G-Sync monitor next year right before I upgrade to Pascal. I just want a really immersive experience for BF3 when it comes out (being in an X-Wing like that makes me drool). I could gain maybe $5000 by building computers for the computer lab at my school. I could just get 3 ROG Swift and 2 Titan X cards xD

For $400 at Best Buy I can get a 144hz 1080p AOC G-Sync monitor. My initial plan was to get a new G-Sync monitor next year right before I upgrade to Pascal. I just want a really immersive experience for BF3 when it comes out (being in an X-Wing like that makes me drool). I could gain maybe $5000 by building computers for the computer lab at my school. I could just get 3 ROG Swift and 2 Titan X cards xD

Lol as mcuh as I agree on a triple swift setup and im actually seriously considering it, Its a pretty insane idea. I mean if you can honestly afford to throw that much at your pc i wouldnt blame you at all. The only thing stopping me from it is my other half, Shes not as fond of the idea even though im building her a pc with my spare parts after i upgrade in month or two lol anyway, more on topic. I personally thing getting a single swift is something you will enjoy far more, the higher res with g sync is something you will really enjoy and if getting 3 swifts is something you could actually pull off then it sounds like an outstanding option. Just remember, Desk space is a concern for everyone lol

Triple if you do a lot of multitasking and you really like to monitor your temps live, maybe have your girlfriend do a video call when you're trying to play your more important games, and maybe even watching a movie at the same time, and also buying something off of newegg. But if you want to see more FPS then get the 144Hz, I've never personally used anything higher than 60Hz so I don't really know the difference but I hope this helps :)

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

Lol as mcuh as I agree on a triple swift setup and im actually seriously considering it, Its a pretty insane idea. I mean if you can honestly afford to throw that much at your pc i wouldnt blame you at all. The only thing stopping me from it is my other half, Shes not as fond of the idea even though im building her a pc with my spare parts after i upgrade in month or two lol anyway, more on topic. I personally thing getting a single swift is something you will enjoy far more, the higher res with g sync is something you will really enjoy and if getting 3 swifts is something you could actually pull off then it sounds like an outstanding option. Just remember, Desk space is a concern for everyone lol

Got a solid corner desk that fit a 40 inch tv and 2 21.5 monitors so that shouldn't be a problem. Only problem is my dad.. doesn't realize that a Titan doesn't depreciate at all

Got a solid corner desk that fit a 40 inch tv and 2 21.5 monitors so that shouldn't be a problem. Only problem is my dad.. doesn't realize that a Titan doesn't depreciate at all

ahh yes family can always get in the way of the fun stuff. My dad builds systems a lot so he never cares, My only problem is the girlfriend. I promised to build her a mini system with my "old" parts in a few months after i upgrade so shes getting a water cooled 780 and 4770k just so i could get a swift and sli water cooled 980's

Triple if you do a lot of multitasking and you really like to monitor your temps live, maybe have your girlfriend do a video call when you're trying to play your more important games, and maybe even watching a movie at the same time, and also buying something off of newegg. But if you want to see more FPS then get the 144Hz, I've never personally used anything higher than 60Hz so I don't really know the difference but I hope this helps :)

It makes everything flow so buttery smooth its insane, If you ever have the chance check out a 144hz monitor, i was on 60hz for the past few years since i got back into the pc world, when my dad got his swift i was totally blown away and decided i HAD to have one.

ahh yes family can always get in the way of the fun stuff. My dad builds systems a lot so he never cares, My only problem is the girlfriend. I promised to build her a mini system with my "old" parts in a few months after i upgrade so shes getting a water cooled 780 and 4770k just so i could get a swift and sli water cooled 980's

Lol yeah the 780 is pretty awesome. I have the stock one (you'll know why if you look in my signature) but with some fan and power tweaking, it is pretty quiet and performs just fine. Also, SLI 970s outperform one Titan X so SLI 980s will destroy. Upgrades sound pretty fun to me!

It makes everything flow so buttery smooth its insane, If you ever have the chance check out a 144hz monitor, i was on 60hz for the past few years since i got back into the pc world, when my dad got his swift i was totally blown away and decided i HAD to have one.

Well I just purchased a 4k monitor xD 4th monitor.. What am I doing with my life.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

Well I just purchased a 4k monitor xD 4th monitor.. What am I doing with my life.

Please tell me that it isn't the Acer $400-ish one, that thing is terrible. Newegg practically gave it away to me for $350 with a free printer but even then the ghosting made it unbearable. Sent it back the day I got it.

your doing 4k :o i thought about that actually but, after weighing the pros and cons of 4k and 144hz + 1440p i decided i wanted the fluidity over sheer beauty but thats just me. The swift will be my 4th screen though, Im gonna mount what is currently my center screen right above the swift though and my tv is on a seperate table to the left of me for netflix and the ps4 and stuff.

Lol yeah the 780 is pretty awesome. I have the stock one (you'll know why if you look in my signature) but with some fan and power tweaking, it is pretty quiet and performs just fine. Also, SLI 970s outperform one Titan X so SLI 980s will destroy. Upgrades sound pretty fun to me!

Yeah im getting 2 gtx 980 evga superclocked cards then gonna get ekwb for them. Debating between the ek backplates in nickle or hunting down the official evga backplates for the card and painting them white then stenciling in superclocked on them. switching from yellow to blue coolant and also swapping my memory.

I saw your sig when i read your first post, I read everyones sig first xD lol

your doing 4k :o i thought about that actually but, after weighing the pros and cons of 4k and 144hz + 1440p i decided i wanted the fluidity over sheer beauty but thats just me. The swift will be my 4th screen though, Im gonna mount what is currently my center screen right above the swift though and my tv is on a seperate table to the left of me for netflix and the ps4 and stuff.

Yeah im getting 2 gtx 980 evga superclocked cards then gonna get ekwb for them. Debating between the ek backplates in nickle or hunting down the official evga backplates for the card and painting them white then stenciling in superclocked on them. switching from yellow to blue coolant and also swapping my memory.

I saw your sig when i read your first post, I read everyones sig first xD lol

Got the same habit of looking at rigs too xD

Got the same habit of looking at rigs too xD

It makes conversations easier if you read them cause most times, Everyone will say something that relates to their rig in one way or another eventually.

It makes conversations easier if you read them cause most times, Everyone will say something that relates to their rig in one way or another eventually.

Yeah, just lets you understand the situation better and provide a more helpful solution. 

triple monitor for gaming thou.....

no real tangible benefit imo

144hz, 1440p is the way to go

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

triple monitor for gaming thou.....

no real tangible benefit imo

144hz, 1440p is the way to go

Not going to get 144hz 1440p on a GTX 780 

Not going to get 144hz 1440p on a GTX 780 

true but that's where gsync comes in, 

also a monitor will last a lot longer than a gpu

aslo, SLI bros

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

true but that's where gsync comes in, 

also a monitor will last a lot longer than a gpu

aslo, SLI bros

I'm probably going to do this: buy a G-Sync AOC 144hz 1080p monitor and another VE228. I can play any game in 1080p surround and 144hz. I plan to keep this one 780 until Pascal then get an (1180?). 

BUY 144 HERTZ! you will never go back!! I have the 24in ASUS 144 hertz monitor. I'll be getting a 4k monitor as my 2nd for movies/multitask etc.. but not for gaming.

Haswell i5 4670k OC (4.0 GHz 1.2v)  // GTX 970 FTW plus // MSI Z87 G45 // 8 GB G.SKILL RAM // ASUS 24 in 144 Hertz // Kingston SSD 240 GB

I don't know if it's just me, but I like the idea of having everything I want in one package. Have you seen the Acer Xb27hu? It has a 144 hz refresh rate and it has a resolution of 2560x1440p with an IPS panel and G-sync! There's some awesome 1080p monitors out there with a 144 hz refresh rate since that seems to be what you are looking for. Acer and Asus seeming to be the competitors. Now, take everything I say with a grain of salt because I haven't built my PC yet and my knowledge is limited to what I have seen in reviews and with my own research. But in my opinion, I'd rather take one really good monitor that will give me some great smoothness and visuals, as opposed to two or more monitors that will have awkward looking spacing and will be a bit less impressive visually. (depending on what you buy) If you want that crazy immersive experience, then I guess a bunch of monitors would be for you. But, if you want a really high quality set of visuals on one quality monitor, then I do not see why you can't opt for the option.

I'm going to punch your face- IN THE FACE.

I don't know if it's just me, but I like the idea of having everything I want in one package. Have you seen the Acer Xb27hu? It has a 144 hz refresh rate and it has a resolution of 2560x1440p with an IPS panel and G-sync! There's some awesome 1080p monitors out there with a 144 hz refresh rate since that seems to be what you are looking for. Acer and Asus seeming to be the competitors. Now, take everything I say with a grain of salt because I haven't built my PC yet and my knowledge is limited to what I have seen in reviews and with my own research. But in my opinion, I'd rather take one really good monitor that will give me some great smoothness and visuals, as opposed to two or more monitors that will have awkward looking spacing and will be a bit less impressive visually. (depending on what you buy) If you want that crazy immersive experience, then I guess a bunch of monitors would be for you. But, if you want a really high quality set of visuals on one quality monitor, then I do not see why you can't opt for the option.

I'll just win the lottery and get three of those and two Titan X cards lol

All I can say is once you have made the jump from 60hz to 120 or 144hz it will be very hard to go back. Even windows feels as smooth as butter with 120hz or 144hz rather than 60hz.

A lot of people say go 1440p 144hz they know what they are talking about. I game in 1080p 120hz and I can tell you 120hz its wonderful. I can only dream of playing games a 1440p at 144hz that's why I seriously thinking of upgrading 1440p but first im getting the GPUS to run at that resolution WELL.

I'll just win the lottery and get three of those and two Titan X cards lol

Hahaha. I'll actually be having one Titan X graphics card in my build. Hopefully. ;)