Mini-guide to "Speeding up" Rivatuner's OSD

Timmy-P

Don't know how well known this is, so why not make a guide...

A while back I noticed that on my OSD in Afterburner, the FPS counter was a bit slow.  And by "slow," I mean it only updates itself only once or twice every second.  Now, this would be fine for monitoring other statistics of your hardware, such as GPU/CPU Load, temperatures, RAM/VRAM usage, etc., but when going to an intense scene it would be hard to see what FPS you're getting.  The problem is, those aforementioned stats were being "updated" faster than FPS.  The problem is the polling rate for my FPS is fixed at such a slow interval, so I found a solution some time ago, and decided to share it:

1. Open up File Explorer and proceed to your Program Files (x86) Folder (Regardless of 32/64-bit OS), and go to "Rivatuner Statistics Server."  For those with the default installation directory, it's this:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server

2. Next, go to the folder named "ProfileTemplates"
    post-82645-0-27709400-1429304789.png

3. And search for the generic file "Global" (Protip:  Hit the "G" key to automatically go to the first file starting with the letter G, that should eliminate hunting for it or using the search tool)
    post-82645-0-52521400-1429304916.png
  4. Open the file using Notepad, and look for the line "RefreshPeriod" under the bracketed grouping [OSD] (Protip:  Notepad has a built-in search function, use Ctrl+F)
    post-82645-0-72905900-1429305301.png
  5. The number you are editing dictates this polling rate, or interval, in milliseconds, edit it as you wish.  As shown, I have mine set to 50, equating to 20 times a second; MUCH faster than what I had before the edit.

...That's it, really.  Thanks for stopping by, please come again!

[witty signature]

Thanks!  Sucks that the Hardware Monitor polling rate doesn't affect the OSD.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.