Benchmark Aplication

BadAss
Go to solution Solved by Nup,

@BadAss I dont know of any editing/3d rendering specific benchmarks, but i'm sure there are some out there. 

There are a number of good free ones :) 

Valley benchmark (for gpus) is a great free one. 

Firestrike is another great one for overall system performance (gaming), it's not free but can be got for dirt cheap on steam during the sales. 

Aida 64 is  good one too, however its not free either.

I'm sure there are a number of others, but those are the ones that come to mind. 

A benchmark is simply a test for your hardware, to see how well it performs a very specific task. 

Like an exam, if you will. The results then give an indication of how your system is doing, and can more easily be compared with other configurations. 

Hmmm, i guess the difference between a stress test and a benchmark is that a benchmark is measured :P A stress test is rather to gauge how stable a system is, pushing it to its limit regardless of its capability. 

No worries, we all have to start learning somewhere! 

Welcome to the forums too don't for get to follow your topics and quote people when answering! :) 

Hey Forum,

Going to build my first Desktop soon which will mainly be used for video editing and a bit of 3d animation.

but i also want to game on it too.

i would like to make a benchmark on both aspects. like how well my desktop runs when editing and how well it runs while gaming.

i dont really get the the gpu or cpu only benchmark. since a great graphics card wont run well on a crappy system.

primarily i would like to know of any good (free?) benchmark aplications for gaming and for video editing.

are there any that do well in both?

and secondly id like to understand the benchmark process i dont really get what its doing.

is there a difference between benchmark and stress test?

i know im a noob in this :P  have mercy

Thanks in advance!

@BadAss I dont know of any editing/3d rendering specific benchmarks, but i'm sure there are some out there. 

Firestrike is another great one for overall system performance (gaming), it's not free but can be got for dirt cheap on steam during the sales. 

I'm sure there are a number of others, but those are the ones that come to mind. 

A benchmark is simply a test for your hardware, to see how well it performs a very specific task. 

Like an exam, if you will. The results then give an indication of how your system is doing, and can more easily be compared with other configurations. 

Hmmm, i guess the difference between a stress test and a benchmark is that a benchmark is measured :P A stress test is rather to gauge how stable a system is, pushing it to its limit regardless of its capability. 

Welcome to the forums too don't for get to follow your topics and quote people when answering! :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

@Nup Thanks a lot!

i will try those out once i have my build. is it normal to be so excited?

the last week felt like a MONTH!!! i have 2 more weeks until i can order my parts.

would you say i should do both? stress test and benchmark? are there stress test aplications?

background is i only work with stronger pcs at work. i took it as a challenge to build a pc thats better.

i know my pc will be betterbut i would like to know by how much. i would install the aplications on both...

and since the hardware is completely different and i am not planing on buying a quadro it would be hard to compare when it comes to gpu cpu benchmark.

i would like to know by how much more efficient my pc would be when for example animating a scene in 3d. or adding tons of effects on a clip. or running a sequence with 9 4k  clips in multicam (haha i wish i had something to film in 4k :lol: )