Quickfire TK Owners?

Tim Drake

I was wondering if anyone owns this keyboard and what you say are things that make it a good keyboard and things you think could of been done differently.

Also could someone help explain Cherry MX Browns a bit further, can you feel a click from them but no sounds unlike blues or can you not feel any click like Reds?

I was wondering if anyone owns this keyboard and what you say are things that make it a good keyboard and things you think could of been done differently.

Also could someone help explain Cherry MX Browns a bit further, can you feel a click from them but no sounds unlike blues or can you not feel any click like Reds?

There is absolutley no click on browns. You can feel a small bump, but it is nothing like blues. They feel very close to reds. But that small bump apparently makes a difference. Theres more of a difference on clear switches, but even those feel nothing like blues.

Just to add, I own all 6 switch types. red, black, green, clear, blue, brown. Which one you like is different for each people, but people seem to buy browns without even feeling the other switches.

I like to divide them up into 3 parts, click, bump, and reisistance.

On blue/green, you go down a little bit, feel a sharp CLICK and then go down more.

On brown/clear you feel the bump, and then go down all the way.

On red/black, the only feedback is the resistance of the spring inside.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

There is absolutley no click on browns. You can feel a small bump, but it is nothing like blues. They feel very close to reds. But that small bump apparently makes a difference. Theres more of a difference on clear switches, but even those feel nothing like blues.

I don't even think there is a Cherry Switch out there for me </3

I like Blues but I don't want to have to buy O Rings just so they aren't extremely loud :(

I have an XT, should be the same thing without backlighting. MX browns feel closer to membrane keyboards than other mechanical switches, they don't have a clear activation point and you only hear the click sound when they bottom out the switch (the activation point is much higher than that though, a gentle press is usually enough to activate the key).

The good is that is feels extremely solid and well built. The bad is that it lacks some of the features that more expensive keyboards have, such as many macro keys or RGB lighting.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The keyboard is awesome, but you have to be sure that you can live with the combined numpad and arrow keys.

I've gotten used to it pretty quickly, but some might have  a hard time getting used to it.

Besides that it feels really solid, and the keys are mounted to the metal plate, so even if you mash the keys, they backplate won't bulge like you feel on some more plastic like keyboards.

When in doubt: C4

I tested a logitech 710+ on a store near my house and i must say that i don't like cherry mx browns. There is no satisfying *clink* sound when you type. :/

I have an XT, should be the same thing without backlighting. MX browns feel closer to membrane keyboards than other mechanical switches, they don't have a clear activation point and you only hear the click sound when they bottom out the switch (the activation point is much higher than that though, a gentle press is usually enough to activate the key).

The good is that is feels extremely solid and well built. The bad is that it lacks some of the features that more expensive keyboards have, such as many macro keys or RGB lighting.

Hmmm maybe Browns are my jam then because I have always loved typing on a good membranes HP keyboard.

I don't even think there is a Cherry Switch out there for me </3

I like Blues but I don't want to have to buy O Rings just so they aren't extremely loud :(

There is no cherry switch that feel like blue/green without the noise. People who say "brown is like blue without the noise" sound like they never touched a blue switch before. There is a distinct difference. To the point where you can blindfold me, and cover my ears, and I can identify the difference between all 6 switches easily.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

I tested a logitech 710+ on a store near my house and i must say that i don't like cherry mx browns. There is no satisfying *clink* sound when you type. :/

I honestly wish I had of got Cherry MX Blues but I got this keyboard for £44 so I can't really complain..

Maybe if I seriously don't enjoy Browns I will sell the keyboard for more than I got it for and get a Cherry MX Blue keyboard.

There is no cherry switch that feel like blue/green without the noise. People who say "brown is like blue without the noise" sound like they never touched a blue switch before. There is a distinct difference. To the point where you can blindfold me, and cover my ears, and I can identify the difference between all 6 switches easily.

I just want reds but to actually know I am pressing something, yanno?

Blues seems extremely satisfying to type on though..

well, with browns it's easy to just slam the key down to the bottom, you should be able to feel it very well when you're typing.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Reds are a bit weird. I've used cherry mx blue and black switches for a long time. I recently moved to reds. At first, because I was used to the heavier switches, reds felt really uncomfortable to type on. But after about 3 days of using it(lots of typing random sentences on notepad) I got used to the amount of force I need to press it. It's not like you don't know whether you press the switch or not, you can hear the plastic bottom out at the bottom, and I can feel the resistance of the spring the closer I get to bottoming out. I personally like blacks more(I like bottoming out with lots of force) but once I got used to reds, I actually don't hate them as much as I thought I did. I thought cherry mx red was stupid, because whenever I tried them for a few minutes at friends house or stores I always thought (wow these are light, how do people use these) and once I got used to them, they're not bad. I enjoy typing on them , and i type faster because of the lower force required to bottom them out.

Reds are a bit weird. I've used cherry mx blue and black switches for a long time. I recently moved to reds. At first, because I was used to the heavier switches, reds felt really uncomfortable to type on. But after about 3 days of using it(lots of typing random sentences on notepad) I got used to the amount of force I need to press it. It's not like you don't know whether you press the switch or not, you can hear the plastic bottom out at the bottom, and I can feel the resistance of the spring the closer I get to bottoming out. I personally like blacks more(I like bottoming out with lots of force) but once I got used to reds, I actually don't hate them as much as I thought I did. I thought cherry mx red was stupid, because whenever I tried them for a few minutes at friends house or stores I always thought (wow these are light, how do people use these) and once I got used to them, they're not bad. I enjoy typing on them , and i type faster because of the lower force required to bottom them out.

I hate typing on them as with my K60 I barely even knew I was hitting the keys and typed so much worse than I did typing on a membrane.

I hate typing on them as with my K60 I barely even knew I was hitting the keys and typed so much worse than I did typing on a membrane.

Yes that's how I felt. I felt stupid typing on them, I made so many errors, but once my fingers muscles memorized the amount of force I need to type on reds, they don't feel that light anymore. I can type alot faster and alot more accurately on them now. Though I do sometimes go back to my blues, just to feel the satisfying click.

Yes that's how I felt. I felt stupid typing on them, I made so many errors, but once my fingers muscles memorized the amount of force I need to type on reds, they don't feel that light anymore. I can type alot faster and alot more accurately on them now. Though I do sometimes go back to my blues, just to feel the satisfying click.

I kind of wanted a general purpose keyboard for bringing in to college, typing at home, troubleshooting someone elses computer, something portable yanno?

Cherry MX Brown seems like a good mix of good typing and not pissing people off and this keyboard is great for portability.

All I need now is a case for the keyboard and maybe a wrist rest..

I kind of wanted a general purpose keyboard for bringing in to college, typing at home, troubleshooting someone elses computer, something portable yanno?

Cherry MX Brown seems like a good mix of good typing and not pissing people off and this keyboard is great for portability.

All I need now is a case for the keyboard and maybe a wrist rest..

Personally, I don't see the popularity of the browns. They don't feel good to type on, I'd rather use blacks than browns. It's not a good compromise, it's like it attempted to be a blue and red switch at the same time, and failed.

Personally, I don't see the popularity of the browns. They don't feel good to type on, I'd rather use blacks than browns. It's not a good compromise, it's like it attempted to be a blue and red switch at the same time, and failed.

So you're saying I should get Cherry MX Blues with O Rings if Browns don't work out.

So you're saying I should get Cherry MX Blues with O Rings if Browns don't work out.

Well if noise is an issue, I'd consider, clear,black, or red. Out of the 6 switches, the only switch I was least impressed was brown. Clears aren't bad.

Well if noise is an issue, I'd consider, clear,black, or red. Out of the 6 switches, the only switch I was least impressed was brown. Clears aren't bad.

The three easiest to find keys/keyboard for a good price is Blue, Brown and Red so those are my options.

I hate reds or any linear switch without any feedback. No thnx

The three easiest to find keys/keyboard for a good price is Blue, Brown and Red so those are my options.

I hate reds or any linear switch without any feedback. No thnx

I don't know how you type, but those feedbacks were utterly useless to me. I have to bottom out anyway, I don't have the finger control to stop pressing the switch just because I feel some kind of feedback. And typing in blacks with its heavy resistance was the most satisfying experience for me. I just liked how blues felt, so I used them for a long time. And I didn't enjoy the mundane bump on browns, so if I wanted feedback from the switches, blue/green no questions. If I didn't want noise, red/black.