New F@H Tips

I just started folding at home and I was wondering if there were any tips about generally anything to do with if?

Estimated PPD = 55,000 with a 3770k @3.5GHz and a GTX 670 @ 1200MHz

Make sure the room your PC is in is able to be cooled quite substantially I have mine in my basement and it started to warm up the whole basement, I am kinda thinking that it is to do with the fact that it is 2 old Xeons, sucking power and giving of tons of heat, That is why I am only GPU folding right now, So yeah keep the place cool,

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

The new version now runs pretty well without much tweaking. If running on Medium, make sure you screen saver is set to some low value, like 5 minutes. That way you don't waste idle time. OC'ing your CPU will bring in a few more K PPD, but only if you have the cooling to handle it.

Also, read the FAQ - lots of info. Add in the client-type advanced switch.

ZABU! :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99