Lagging with good computer

Go to solution Solved by RAGEWORKERZ,

I FIXED IT HOLY CRAP. I got desperate and went out to but a new psu. and it everything works so sexy now. :) Thanks all you guys for the help!

Also I reinstalled/updated most of the drivers I can and GTA runs worse now and I have no clue as to why. I'm getting audio popping a lot as well. 

Ok this looks promising :) since HDAudBus.sys was removed looks like it could be a problem with DX or Nvidia so I'm going to need you to do two things.

1. Disable Nvidia Driver Helper Service by running services.msc and organizing name by A-Z > Double Click on Nvidia Driver Helper Service > Change Startup Type to disabled and click the stop button
  2. Run DXdiag and let it finish > check all three tabs and at the bottom of the results should either list problems found or show No Problems Found (If problems are found take a screenshot and post it here)
  3. After doing this re-run the latencymon and take a screenshot when you encounter lag again

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

I didn't see the Nvidia Driver Helper Service on the list. I ran DXdiag and it said no problem found on all three tabs.

I didn't see the Nvidia Driver Helper Service on the list. I ran DXdiag and it said no problem found on all three tabs.

Hmmm, I was hoping NDHS was in there ehmmm try setting the power options to high profile in the windows control panel :/

I'll take a look around and see if I can find anything :)

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

I also just got an error that said something like Nvidea kernal mode drivers stopped working and has successfully recovered if that means anything. (this popped up while i was just browsing the internet)

I also just got an error that said something like Nvidea kernal mode drivers stopped working and has successfully recovered if that means anything. (this popped up while i was just browsing the internet)

Also this.

Hmmm this is most definitely an issue with the Graphics Driver causing high latency and becoming unresponsive.

I would suggest doing a complete uninstall of all NVidia related drivers and software through windows control panel; download and run CCleaner; download and run driversweeper, removing and deleting all nvidia associated entries.

Restart your system and install the graphics drivers using the installation media that came with your card.

Run latencymon and a game and test to see if you get any lag spikes.

Edit: also run dxdiag and save the results and upload the .txt for me to look at please. Run dxdiag > let it do its thing > click save all inforamtion at the bottom

Hmmm this is most definitely an issue with the Graphics Driver causing high latency and becoming unresponsive.

I would suggest doing a complete uninstall of all NVidia related drivers and software through windows control panel; download and run CCleaner; download and run driversweeper, removing and deleting all nvidia associated entries.

Restart your system and install the graphics drivers using the installation media that came with your card.

Run latencymon and a game and test to see if you get any lag spikes.

Edit: also run dxdiag and save the results and upload the .txt for me to look at please. Run dxdiag > let it do its thing > click save all inforamtion at the bottom

Did all of that and still did not work. 

DxDiag.txt

Ok so I have had this problem for a little bit and it is annoying. I have a pretty good build and I keep lagging on games getting like 20fps or less on games mainly with GTA 5 and Dying light but also with other games.  On the lowest settings it is a little better but there are massive lag spikes. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the drivers but nothing. 

Build

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/RAGEWORKERZ/saved/#savedbuild_1688710

Thanks for any help!

Lag= internet packet loss. 

Frame rate drops=exactly what it sounds like.

WHY CAN NOBODY UNDERSTAND THIS. 

However with that build there is no reason for that issue. I hope the others can address this issue because I haven't an issue with practically the same hardware.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Lag= internet packet loss. 

Frame rate drops=exactly what it sounds like.

WHY CAN NOBODY UNDERSTAND THIS. 

However with that build there is no reason for that issue. I hope the others can address this issue because I haven't an issue with practically the same hardware.

Sorry let me change my words then, When i rant the GTA 5 benchmarks i was averaging about 14 - 20 fps so i can say this is a low fps problem. 

I changed the power management in the nvidia control panel to prefer maximum performance, and i'm seeing slightly better fps usually around 30fps but it still dips down to 15fps at times. Could there be something up with the psu or something like that?

Have you tried running a benchmark with 3d mark or the like?

Could also be a thermal issue. When I built my machine installing the AIO cpu cooler was tricky to get "perfect". Try cpu-z to monitor cpu heat and any one of the GPU programs to monitor that.

Ping doesn't affect Frame-rate.

He said "like 20 FPS" therefore he wasn't benchmarking then He'd have been talking about position lag

This is a signature.

Have you tried running a benchmark with 3d mark or the like?

Could also be a thermal issue. When I built my machine installing the AIO cpu cooler was tricky to get "perfect". Try cpu-z to monitor cpu heat and any one of the GPU programs to monitor that.

Get AIDA64 to check temps

This is a signature.

I FIXED IT HOLY CRAP. I got desperate and went out to but a new psu. and it everything works so sexy now. :) Thanks all you guys for the help!

Correct Responsees:

#1: HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH Loser This is why u don't buy NVIDIA

#2:It's network issues/your internet is probably bad not your hardware.Also after downloading a game you should play for a few days as it can take a bit of time for your PC to get used to the game coding and all that stuff since it is new

fuck your member title seriously

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Congrats man :) Sorry I didn't get back to you, have an assignment I need to get finished, glad you got it fixed :)