HELP

I replace my motherboard and graphics card and connectected my graphics card to my moninitor with a dvi cable. The results are no signal, my graphics card is a gtx 980 and the new mobo is a 1155 msi z77a gd55 (I know it'll bottleneck). Tomorrow is monday for my time and i need my computer to work, please help.

Single flare to a air track to 1990 to a airchair ...

Window 7 ultimate 64bit

16gigs of ram

120gig hdd

860 psu

I have never mess with sofware and drivers so please forgive. Tomorrow is work day and i absolutely needmy computer to work

Are you getting a beep from the motherboard (you may not, it might not have a speaker)?

Have you tried reducing the build to as few components as possible and booting it again?

Can you pull the graphics card and run the monitor from the motherboard?

Basically, reduce it to as few components as possible to try and locate the problem.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

I have done everything above with no results. Its been 6hrs building and figuring out the problem. Im really desperate (im on my samsung tab) and if i cant find solution in 30mins ill have to get a new monitor . I wish i can upload pics on this tab to show you but icant

I have done everything above with no results. Its been 6hrs building and figuring out the problem. Im really desperate (im on my samsung tab) and if i cant find solution in 30mins ill have to get a new monitor . I wish i can upload pics on this tab to show you but icant

Do you know if all of the RAM sticks are functional? Have you tried booting it with just one RAM stick installed?

If you have a faulty RAM stick, it can prevent it booting.

Try booting with just one RAM stick at a time and try several RAM sticks one at a time. Do this with the monitor running from the motherboard and the graphics card removed (get the graphics card out of the equation so that you can test the RAM).

Ultimately it could be a faulty motherboard but try testing the RAM.

Did you try breaking it down since I posted advising to do so or do you mean you went through those steps while building it?

Also, quote me when you reply, that way the forum will let me know that you've replied.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Do you know if all of the RAM sticks are functional? Have you tried booting it with just one RAM stick installed?

If you have a faulty RAM stick, it can prevent it booting.

Try booting with just one RAM stick at a time and try several RAM sticks one at a time. Do this with the monitor running from the motherboard and the graphics card removed (get the graphics card out of the equation so that you can test the RAM).

Ultimately it could be a faulty motherboard but try testing the RAM.

Did you try breaking it down since I posted advising to do so or do you mean you went through those steps while building it?

Also, quote me when you reply, that way the forum will let me know that you've replied.

I tried using one ram which is 8gig with and without gtx it doesnt work. I went through everything that you mention but no result ... just no signal.

I did research before i even post this but theres nothing so im seeking help here thinking that you guys will solve this problem. Either way thank you guru i hope you can help me through this problem without an IT help. Its late at night for me and its work day tomorrow i know i wont be using this rig. I did went out to look for a monitor but no luck (vietnam, cai be). Hopefully tomorrow ill redo the os, bios and drivers with a new monitor it might work. Thanks guru, the document of this build is being record hopefully ill have it on youtube soon. Just wish that everything can go smooth.

I tried using one ram which is 8gig with and without gtx it doesnt work. I went through everything that you mention but no result ... just no signal.

Keep us updated

Hopefully it should be solvable, just a matter of locating the problem/problems.

Keep us updated

Hopefully it should be solvable, just a matter of locating the problem/problems.

The build log is bucme. Ill try to upload pics tomorrow.