G3258 Fan Delay

jlyash

i just bought a g3258 and im wondering why the stock fan that came with it has a 2-3 second delay when booting then it full throttle at the start? is that normal? does intel set it like that now? i5 2500k dosent do that so im thinking its broken
thanks

i just bought a g3258 and im wondering why the stock fan that came with it has a 2-3 second delay when booting then it full throttle at the start? is that normal? does intel set it like that now? i5 2500k dosent do that so im thinking its broken

thanks

its normal

I dont think it's an intel thing, just the motherboard manufacturer.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

i think its not from the motherboard either cause ive tried using the old stock fan of my 2500k. its goes normal fan speeds

thanks

This is how they all work for the most part. When first booting your computer is initializing all the devices and basically checking that it's all together, similar to you waking up in the morning. The fan goes to 100% as a failsafe to protect your processor if any part of the initialization fails. Once complete the fan is throttle based on CPU temperature.

1. Overclock until the magic smoke comes out. 2. Modify until broken. 3. Fix and repeat.

4670k - 16GB - 290X - 1440p Freesync