MSI GTX 960 VS EVGA GTX 960?

Hey guys. Im new to computer building and such, but i can't seem to make a clear decision on what GPU to purchase. Im building a mid range gaming/editing pc and i have all of my parts picked out for a budget of around $750 in CAD because I live in Canada :). I have been looking at 2 GPU that are both very compelling when it comes down to price to preformance. Both the Evga GTX 960 SSC and the Msi GTX 960 are within my budget but I can't decide which one to get. The Evga 960 is nice looking and has the option of a backplate which the Msi 960 does not. The Msi 960 is more astectily pleasing but doesn't have any sort of backplate available. They are both the 2GB varients. I realize that they are almost the same when it comes to specs but I can't choose which GPU to go with!!! Can anyone help? Which one is better? thanks :) I do plan to overclock btw :)

Here is a link to my PcPartPicker Build or check the specs below :)

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/FGr2nQ

**BUILD LIST**

CPU:

- AMD FX 6300 3.5GHZ 6-Core Prossesor

CPU COOLER:

- Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

MOTHERBOARD:

- Gigabyte GA-970A-DP3 ATX AM3+/AMD3 Motherboard

MEMORY:

- G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

STORAGE:

- Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5in 7200RPM HHD

VIDEOCARD:

- ????

CASE:

- Corsair Graphite 230t

Power Supply:

- Corsair CX 500W 80+Bronze Semi-Modular ATX PSU

MSI Because higher overclocks.

Something even better would be MSI Radeon R9 280X

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

I'm more a fan of EVGA, because their cooler performs better.

But it doesn't really matter at the lower end of GPUs. The 960 doesn't get really warm anyway. So simply take the one you think looks better and/or costs less.

Something even better would be MSI Radeon R9 280X

That depends entirely on your requirements/wishes. Also on your region as the MSI 280X is 40 euro's more epensive in the Netherlands.

Also, he can't even overclock his CPU or GPU if he goes with a 280X because that 400W power supply will die.

EDIT: I see you're building a new system. Go with an Intel i3-4130 instead of that FX-6300.

With this board 

And you can ditch the cooler, i3 stockfan is inaudible.

IMO, MSI is currently the leader in the GPU variant game with the 900 series 

CPU: G3258 @ 4GHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 OC RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 SSD: Corsair LS 120GB Case: Antec GX500 Mouse: Logitech G402 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Headphones: Shure SRH440 Microphone: That Zalman Zm-Mic1 that everyone recommends but noone uses

Remember when the R9 280 was the HD 7950? Pepperidge Farm remembers.  

Running two AMD Cards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwn1NTK-50

IMO, MSI is currently the leader in the GPU variant game with the 900 series 

Yeah, my MSI 960 was a dud but it was second-hand. So i'm not going to hold that against them.

While it lived, it was really quiet and overclocked like a champ (1550).

Yeah, my MSI 960 was a dud but it was second-hand. So i'm not going to hold that against them.

While it lived, it was really quiet and overclocked like a champ (1550).

Mine was a dud too and it was from Microcenter new :/

• 2 months later...

well. i built one and it's an msi 960 4G 4gb.. and it's great in performance, rather, i prefer the msi one over the evga. it's your choice. performance wise both'll do totally fine for any, they're all the same... temperature wise, idk ? both have two fans, so then the one with better cooling... or maybe the gigabyte one with directcu 3 xD, who knows -_-