Windows 8 Key for 7?

Liam-McShane
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

No.

Windows 8 for Windows 8

Windows 7 for Windows 7

What is breaking in Windows 8? It's a solid OS based on Win7.

Can i use my Windows 8 key for 7? The Windows 8 key was an upgrade from 7.

Basically i wan't to know because i'm sick to death of Windows 8 breaking all the time.

Apologies if this has been asked before :)

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

No.

Windows 8 for Windows 8

Windows 7 for Windows 7

What is breaking in Windows 8? It's a solid OS based on Win7.

No you can't like what GoodBytes said.

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

I've been using Windows 8 from release and not had any problems with it at all, what is "breaking" for you?

No.

Just use your 7 key.  You still have it right?

What's breaking?  The only thing broken in Windows 8 for me is search.  All my games and programs are fine.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

yes

Windows 8 work just if you want the search and the start-menu use StartIsBack

after that it work just like windows 7

I've had to reinstall it a few times now. First time i was upgrading from Windows 7 and wanted to keep my files so i chose to keep them for the install of Windows 8. So after some time of waiting it just sat there on the Windows 8 logo doing nothing. I let it sit there for a day in the hope i wouldn't need to transfer all my files  from my backup drive. It didn't work so i had to reinstall Windows 7 and then install Windows 8, only this time i chose to install a fresh OS. Second time it said it needed to fix drive errors so i let it fix them for me. It started fixing them and just hung there corrupting my whole OS when i gave up and rebooted after nearly a day of waiting. More recently i have been unable to uninstall things using the Windows uninstall feature in the control panel so i have to use CCleaner for that. I'll admit not the end of the world but it is annoying. 

945149_10200825956523309_1522524142_n.jp

This has happened to me a few times too. Not a big problem to fix but again, it's annoying.

428378_10200653417529942_1300720266_n.jp

I've also seen this screen a fair few times. I was beginning to suspect it was my HDD so i bought a new one but i still get these problems. I'm not too sure what i could be doing wrong since i never had any problems with Windows 7 :'(

Simple Stryker (Now Finished  ;) )

The Terrible HP

Well it's clear to me that you either: forgot to remove all security software from your computer as instructed by Microsoft before doing the upgrade (as those block the upgrade process).

Or your HDD or SSD is broken, Or tht SATA cable is broken.

I have only had that boot message error when I dont shut down properly, or press the restart button when it is booting up.

Do a clean install and look up the registery hack so you can use your upgrade key on a fresh install. Ive had no problems with windows 8, I much prefer it to windows 7.