DVI cable causing fuzzy resolution?

Valaris

I got a 29um65 last night and when I connected it using a DVI cable, I got the right resolution automatically detected but it was very fuzzy, the text unreadable. Once I tried with the HDMI cable, everything is great. Am I missing something or is my dvi port on my monitor busted? Or should I just not give a shit since my display port cable is coming in next week.

Edit: Oops, I posted this in the Display section instead of trouble shooting. Can I close this and reopen it in Troubleshooting?

I've had this with a 1440p Samsung monitor. It's not the cable, but more likely one (or both) port(s) on either end of the cable. Digital cables themselves cannot cause fuzziness. Your monitor might have a bad DVI port.

I've had this with a 1440p Samsung monitor. It's not the cable, but more likely one (or both) port(s) on either end of the cable. Digital cables themselves cannot cause fuzziness. Your monitor might have a bad DVI port.

It is probably this^^^

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

-A shotgun wielding redneck

The amazing downside of DVI: being able to transmit both digital and analog data :/

So considering the >1 week shipping time back to the Warehouse and then a new one back to me, should I just use HDMI until Display cable comes in and forget about dvi? I don't really have a problem doing that.

I moved your thread to the Troubleshooting section.

To me, it sounds like there is a miss connection somewhere in the DVI cable or graphics card

The amazing downside of DVI: being able to transmit both digital and analog data :/

Oh shit, you're right. I forgot about the analog side of DVI...AKA DIGITAL visual interface...

They need better naming schemes for this shit, I swear...