Reservoir and pump combo or Separate ?

Hi,

Building my first water cool pc, So can any body tell me which way its going to be better.

1,   Reservoir and pump combo

OR

2, Separate.

If you have the space go seperate, pump and res combo's are generally less effective than seperate items but they also tend to be cheaper

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

If you have the space go seperate, pump and res combo's are generally less effective than seperate items but they also tend to be cheaper

Actually a reservoir and pump combo can give better performance than separate items because it is a custom pump top as well as a reservoir. That is of course unless you buy a separate pump top that's the "best".

Also because the is no restriction between the pump and the reservoir performance can also be increased there and because the reservoir will always be on top of the pump you don't have to worry about placing the reservoir above and in front of your pump when planning your loop.

So a pump and res combo is better.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Depends on what you mean by "better". It could be (and usually is) more aesthetically pleasing to have them separate. You also have many more options when they are separated.

linus said on his watercooling video that he only recommend the Swiftech MCP655 pump, so in my oppinion i will follow linu's advice and take that pump

linus said on his watercooling video that he only recommend the Swiftech MCP655 pump, so in my oppinion i will follow linu's advice and take that pump

Well, no. A "Swiftech MCP655 pump" is a re-branded "Laing D5 Vario" pump. Any Laing pump is fine including the smaller "Laing DDC" pump.

There is nothing special about the MCP655. Many other brands such as XSPC re-brand it as well as the Laing DDC pump.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

It's a bit silly to prefer Swiftech's pump based on that when their competitor's products are largely identical.

reservoir and pump combo looks cleaner and the pressure of the water helps the pump move it.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

The Pump/res combo from XS-PC is really good, i'm using it myself atm. and i actually like it way better than having a separate pump and a res just because it uses more room/space.

It's the D5 vario pump/res combo i'm talking about OFC. :)

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

The Pump/res combo from XS-PC is really good, i'm using it myself atm. and i actually like it way better than having a separate pump and a res just because it uses more room/space.

It's the D5 vario pump/res combo i'm talking about OFC. :)

Is yours a bay res or a tube res?

It's the dual bay res ^^

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

It's a bit silly to prefer Swiftech's pump based on that when their competitor's products are largely identical.

i simply said what is my oppion if your is different is ok for me; there is no reason to say that is a silly decision following linu's advice