Intel Chipset Drivers

AdmiralSpeedy

So the latest version of the Intel Chipset drivers is 10.0.26 but even from the the release notes I can't tell if it actually supports the Z87 chipset. The driver page for my Z87-A was pretty much abandoned immediately after the board was released so nothing on that page is up to date.

I went about finding the latest versions when I installed Windows 8.1 last year. The latest version of the Intel Chipset drivers that I could find on the Intel site the actually stated that they were for the Z87 chipset is 9.4.0.1027.

Out of curiosity I installed and ran MSI Live Update 6 earlier to check and see if my MSI GTX 970 had a BIOS update and while it didn't, the program told me that there was a new version of the Intel Chipset driver available (10.0.20) and when I looked this up I found that 10.0.26 was actually available but the Intel release notes and readme are EXTREMELY vague on which chipsets are supported other than that it supports the 9 series chipset. On two third party driver sites they actually list a whole bunch of chipsets supported by 10.0.26 and Z87 is in the list on both sites, but I can't find where they got this information because Intel does not list it anywhere.

I updated to the latest Intel Chipset drivers last week-end on an H87 board and everything works fine. I highly doubt that Intel drops B/85 H/Z87 drivers support for the next years. There won't be any new features, but the drivers will still support it.