Can i transfer some data from a old HDD to a new one?

Nestor95

Hello I had a laptop that broke and I wanted to transfer some movies and pictures from it to a new PC which I plan to build is this possible. And what do i have to do also my laptop was a AMD and my new build is going to be intel build.

All you would have to do is remove the hard drive from your laptop, and connect it to your new PC, You can directly plug it into the motherboard or buy an external hard drive enclosure to use 

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

you can find a cheap drive enclosure in one of your local computer stores. 

Thank you for your help, so there wont be interference from my old HDD once i install my new system.

If you are putting it directly into a PC, Install the OS to the drive for that PC, then plug the drive from your laptop into your motherboard, if it doesn't boot you will have to change the BIOS settings, 

If you are using a USB enclosure then setup your PC as normal then plug in the drive to the USB port and it should pop up like a USB stick.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Thank you for your help, so there wont be interference from my old HDD once i install my new system.

No there wont be interference just get your new system up and running and then install your laptop drive and ensure that yo boot from the right drive in the bios menu

Asus Maximus VI Extreme, I7 4770K, NZXT Kraken X60, Kingston HyperXBeast DDR-3 2400, Sapphire 6950, NZXT Phantom 820, SanDisk 120Gb Extreme x2 in Raid, 2Tb WD Green, SeaSonic X-850 Gold