Windows 8.1 PRO basic but damn irritating problems!

Transon

Hello, I newly changed my windows to 8.1 Pro to test it out (64bit) and well, it worked out great untill I bumped in to some all day use problems which is freaking infuriating to say the least!

Like yesterday I suddenly wasnt able to alt+tab out of games and had to use flag+tab instead, then suddenly that stopped too and I had to use flag+d to get to my desktop whilst gaming. And today in chrome I'm suddenly experiencing that my scroll wheel ain't working but it works in skype and my left mouse click targets freaking everything and not only that but when I try to open a bookmark it opens a new window with it or another tab besides the one I'm in. Not only that but suddenly my skype screws up so I have to alt+tab into it and can't open the program at the task bar.As I mentioned it's all day use problems and fu**ing infuriating! I'm going mad, I haven't updated my windows to the latest version, nor do I use keyboard and mouse drivers but my chrome and all other drivers are up to date. this windows is really joking with me, so I hope anyone have any solution to this sh*t. 

Sincere Henrik

Help is REALLY appriciated :) 

The problem with alt+tab from a game may be that it just doesn't work with that game. Some games just give you black screen when you alt+tab, some minimize to taskbar, some just get pushed in the background...that depends on each game. About scroling....instal the mouse driver(if I read correctly you haven't done it yet) and try again...some more advanced mice have a problem with most basic fuctions sometimes if you don't install the dedicated driver for them.

Also update the OS...might just fix something.

I have Windows 8.1Pro too and have none of the above issues so don't blame the OS

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

I've never experienced any of that with 8.1 and have used it since 8 launched on this laptop, recently upgraded all my other PCs (including my wife's laptop) to 8.1 after being satisfied with it at work for the past 6 months.

Hope you can get it sorted, I'm not sure what to advise in light of the issues you're reporting.

My scroll wheel stopped working on my work PC, turned out the software downloaded for it as part of a windows update and by default, the middle (scroll) button was for magnifying. Weird.

The problem with alt+tab from a game may be that it just doesn't work with that game. Some games just give you black screen when you alt+tab, some minimize to taskbar, some just get pushed in the background...that depends on each game. About scroling....instal the mouse driver(if I read correctly you haven't done it yet) and try again...some more advanced mice have a problem with most basic fuctions sometimes if you don't install the dedicated driver for them.

Also update the OS...might just fix something.

I have Windows 8.1Pro too and have none of the above issues so don't blame the OS

Yeah I know, the OS is probably fine its just quite sad that such problems occur since it's so ragebrewing when the computer doesn't act like you want it to and you did it like five minutes ago. :) But thanks for the tips, installed the mouse driver and started the windows update when I posted this. Hopefully this solves everything. 

I've never experienced any of that with 8.1 and have used it since 8 launched on this laptop, recently upgraded all my other PCs (including my wife's laptop) to 8.1 after being satisfied with it at work for the past 6 months.

Hope you can get it sorted, I'm not sure what to advise in light of the issues you're reporting.

My scroll wheel stopped working on my work PC, turned out the software downloaded for it as part of a windows update and by default, the middle (scroll) button was for magnifying. Weird.

Never experienced anything like this in my life xD And my mate is using exactly the same copy so he's honestly shocked :) But idk it's not that important because it's ways around the problems but it's well yeah irritating. :)

I can definitely agree, it is DAMN irritating when something isn't working as expected.

I've had installs last 1 week before having to format the hard drive and start from scratch again, sometimes it's purely luck of the draw.