Editing Workstation

A friend of mine wants to buy a new pre-build PC. It needs to be able to run on 2 or 3 monitor and it needs to be able to edit videos using Sony Vegas and stream. He has a price range which goes up to £500 but he doesn't want to spend all of his money if he doesn't have to. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance. 

:)

Does this include OS, peripherals and monitors?

And he'd be muuuuuuuuuch better building his own.

in that price range you can find some i7 computers with a decent chunk of ram and "a" gpu, but it'll be far from ideal.

Build it

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCHHH!

The man has spoken. Much.

Does this include OS, peripherals and monitors?

And he'd be muuuuuuuuuch better building his own.

MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCHHH!

in that price range you can find some i7 computers with a decent chunk of ram and "a" gpu, but it'll be far from ideal.

Build it

The man has spoken. Much.

I just got a reply and he said that he was only willing to spend £60... Yeah... I don't think that's going to work somehow.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

For that budget he is expecting a bit much. 500 quid isn't really suitable for a editing and streaming PC unless you can find used or refurbished parts on ebay.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

I just got a reply and he said that he was only willing to spend £60... Yeah... I don't think that's going to work somehow.

60 quid for a PC? I hope thats a typo...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Yep.. I was just as surprised as you were.

Lol why 60?

I have no clue.

Tell him he can call a "special" girl to his home and pay her those 60£ and he'll have a better time than buying a pc for that money.