Rebuilt PC but results are worse?

ImCubzy

So I just recently rebuilt my PC after having some difficulties with my hard drive forcing me to format then giving me a "reason" to buy new parts. I purchased my PC sometime early 2013, lasting me a decent time. After the hard drive broke I decided to purchase new parts. Once I finished putting everything together, the first game I tested my "New" PC was on Counter Strike Global Offensive. I was expecting at least 200-400 Frames but just came out to be 100-200, 
( don't get me wrong that's decent frames but just doesn't feel the same ). After fixing some settings I managed to get CSGO running good. But I wasn't satisfied, I then tested it on H1Z1 and It was just terrible, 50-90 frames at Max. It just doesn't make sense. If anyone has any answers or suggestions please let me know. My "Old PC" and "New PC" is as follows. 

I understand I didn't change every part but just key components. 
<div> 
* = Parts that stayed the same 

Old- Asus P8H77-I Motherboard 
Intel i7 2600 CPU 
Nvidia Geforce GTX 780 3GB GPU* 
16GB DDR3 Ram* 
Windows 7 64 bit 

New- GA-Z97X-UD7 TH Motherboard 
Intel i7 4790k CPU 
Nvidia Geforce GTX 780 3GB* GPU 
16GB DDR3 Ram* 
Windows 8.1 64 bit 

I even checked the frames I would get on Minecraft just for fun and uh... 90-100 Frames... wtf?

That's my main 4tb main drive, someone told me my PC was running slow due to it being a bad Hard Drive, and to put it in an external case, is this true?

post-220580-0-67569700-1428341332.png

Oh no this is a Dark theme Nightmare please change your font  :o

Treat people how you want to be treated.

:)

Yes. The speed of the bus used to connect the drive will limit the speed

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

For better performance on games you should be upgrading your GPU

For better performance on games you should be upgrading your GPU

the 780 is still plenty powerful for 1080p and even for 1440p, so no he should not upgrade teh GPU

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Did you in-game performance really go down because I didn't see you mention past framerates. If not it's not that surprising since games mostly use GPU and a minor CPU upgrade wouldn't do much. As for HDD, most optimized games would load everything onto RAM so it shouldn't affect it the framerate that much.

Please quote if you want a person to reply, they won't get a notification otherwise.

PC Specs

(CPU: Intel 4790k) (GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 WF3OC) (Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER) (RAM: Red Corsair Vengeance Pro 2*8GB 1600MHz) (HDD: WD Green 2TB) (SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB) (CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X) (PSU: Corsair RM750) (Case & Fans: Corsair Obsidian 450D) (Monitor: Asus VX239H)

This is pretty strange. Honestly, the CPU and Mobo upgrade wasn't worth it. Wait until something is more worthwhile that comes out.

Posts from main rig, and sometimes from Surface Pro 3 (i5 128GB 4GB RAM)

Posts from main rig, and sometimes from Surface Pro 3 (i5 128GB 4GB RAM)

People aren't getting his point. Hes got nothing but BETTER parts, and is getting less performance. If you have any old external hard drives, install a game onto it and see if you get the same frame issue.

the 780 is still plenty powerful for 1080p and even for 1440p, so no he should not upgrade teh GPU

i agree it is plenty but i am just stating GPU is main thing that effects your gaming performance

If you actually read everything and take it in context, the OP is upset that he upgraded components in his PC and hasn't seen an improvement in games, so @Dannykins quite rightly said that upgrading the graphics would show an improvement in FPS. Regardless of whether the 780 is capable or not, upgrading the graphics will show more of an improvement than upgrading from an old gen i7 to a newer gen i7 when specifically talking about game FPS.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

Is your performance worst? If not it's not that surprising since games mostly use GPU and a minor CPU upgrade wouldn't do much. As for HDD, most optimized games would load everything onto RAM so it shouldn't effect it that much.

Yes, the performance is worse before on games like H1z1 and MC ( don't play anymore ) I would get at least 200 frames.

If you actually read everything and take it in context, the OP is upset that he upgraded components in his PC and hasn't seen an improvement in games, so @Dannykins quite rightly said that upgrading the graphics would show an improvement in FPS. Regardless of whether the 780 is capable or not, upgrading the graphics will show more of an improvement than upgrading from an old gen i7 to a newer gen i7 when specifically talking about game FPS.

I don't really care that it didn't improve by a lot but so much it got worse, that's what bothers me.

Yes, the performance is worse before on games like H1z1 and MC ( don't play anymore ) I would get at least 200 frames.

What's your new hard drive?

People aren't getting his point. Hes got nothing but BETTER parts, and is getting less performance. If you have any old external hard drives, install a game onto it and see if you get the same frame issue.

If you look at most gaming benchmarks, CPUs barely make a difference. The difference between a 4790k and 5820k is like a few fps.

Please quote if you want a person to reply, they won't get a notification otherwise.

PC Specs

(CPU: Intel 4790k) (GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 WF3OC) (Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS VII RANGER) (RAM: Red Corsair Vengeance Pro 2*8GB 1600MHz) (HDD: WD Green 2TB) (SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB) (CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212X) (PSU: Corsair RM750) (Case & Fans: Corsair Obsidian 450D) (Monitor: Asus VX239H)

No, reread the thread. The issue is not that he was expecting to get higher frames than before, but it's that hes actually getting lower. 

What's your new hard drive?

If you look at most gaming benchmarks, CPUs barely make a difference. The difference between a 4790k and 5820k is like a few fps.

Well that is my new hard drive, the one I posted up above. I plan on getting an SSD to see if anything improves.

No, reread the thread. The issue is not that he was expecting to get higher frames than before, but it's that hes actually getting lower. 

Yeah that is noted  but i was just making a statement that upgrading GPU gives better Gaming performance, so debating about something like that really is not solving his problem.

I don't really care that it didn't improve by a lot but so much it got worse, that's what bothers me.

is it just in game performance decreased or overall performance?