Finished Build

kajirye
First of all, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum.. As far as I can tell though, this is the right place to post this.
...anyways, this is my first build that I have done, and while it works, I still have some things I need to do with it. I need to figure out a better solution for cable management (the cables that came with the PSU are annoying to work with), and possibly better cooling. One of my friends says that while the stock cooling is OK, it may not work very well for games with higher demand, and the fans may also run loud. 
So, any opinions on that would be appreciated. 

Here are the parts I picked if anyone is interested (aside from RAM, I purchased a set of 2x4gb which wasn't on pcpartpicker.)
-Prices set in CAD, some inflated due to shipping prices-

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  (Purchased For $233.99) 
Motherboard: MSI B85-G41 PC Mate ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (Purchased For $94.50) 
Memory: Kingston Blu Red Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Storage: Seagate  2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $118.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card  (Purchased For $294.98) 
Case: Thermaltake Versa H21 ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $119.05) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $23.05) 
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN851ND 802.11b/g/n PCI Wi-Fi Adapter  (Purchased For $45.00) 
Total: $1152.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-06 01:48 EDT-0400

And here's the PC itself. (wiring is slightly better now, replaced the "perif" adapters with normal VGA cords, as well as some minor sorting (such as zip-tying the wire that is hanging in front of the CPU fan to the top of the case) but it could still use some work.)
Yj04lWv.jpg
*sidenote. I ordered my graphics card like a day or two before Nvidia announced the Witcher 3 thing. and I didn't even order it off a partnered site.. I'm rather sad about that.

Stock cooler is fine. You are also not gonna Overclock, so no issue there. Loud, maybe just by a little bit that's all.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

your psu should come with cool looking black pci 6+2 pins for your gpu, they look like this http://techreport.com/r.x/psus-0907/pcie-connectors.jpgplug those in   :) they look better and it will be easier to manage.  bread ties also work great. nice build! and welcome to the forums. 

Already done. "wiring is slightly better now, replaced the "perif" adapters with normal VGA cords" I didn't notice the VGA cords (thats what they're labeled as, which is part of the reason why I missed them) the first time around. When I showed my friend, he asked why I was doing that, and basically told me the same thing you did... I just didnt grab a more recent picture, and I now have the pc connected to a bunch of wires behind my monitor, so I don't feel like pulling it out right now.

You can't damage the cpu when playing games. If it gets so hot that the cooler can't handle the job, the cpu will shut down.

If you find the stock cpu cooler getting too loud when playing games, you can add a front intake fan or two. If the cpu cooler fan is still running too loud, the cooler could be replaced.

Move the power cable running across the cpu cooler. It's not that big, but does obstruct air. Wire or zip ties generally work quite well.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.