IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe taking up a lot of RAM

So I have 8Gb of RAM installed in my computer, when a try and launch a game like Battlefield Hardline my memory usage goes up from around 5Gb to about 7.5Gb. The game then occasionally stops me from interacting, moving, clicking or anything on the game. when looking through task manager I found that the numbers didn't quite add up, when I added up the usage of all the different processes I got something close to 1Gb but task manager was telling me that I was using around 4.5Gb at the time.

I then looked at the resource monitor utility in windows and found that there was a program called "IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe" taking up around 2Gb of my RAM. I assume this and the operating systems reserved sections are responsible for taking up such a large amount of my RAM. I looked online and found that it is something to do with Intel rapid storage technology however I am a little out of my depth with this as I haven't had any experience with this software. On another forum I saw that there was a problem with one of their drivers that caused memory leaks and could lead to large RAM usage. I don't use Intel rapid store technology as far as I know so I don't see why there would be a reason for it to be running however as I said I know very little on this subject.

I am using Windows 7 64bit with an Intel I5 cpu, 8Gb of RAM and a gtx 970. If anyone knows how I can reduce the amount of RAM this process is taking up that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Go to Windows Task Manager> Services ... click on the Services button at bottem right.  Select Intel ® Rapid Storage Technology roperties> Change Staetup Type > Manual  ( was automatic (delayed start))  Thanks to brucehh Microsoft OS Forum.

From Intel communities. google is your friend when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

From Intel communities. google is your friend when it comes to this kind of stuff.

Yeah I had found that too but I didn't want to disable it if it was going to end up stopping my drives from communicating or something