Difference between HyperX Cloud 1 & 2?

Bravosgrad

Yep. Need some 70-100 dollar headphones and these 2 caught my eye. What the big difference that makes spending another 30 dollars on headphones worth it?

My Build: 4690k @ 4.7 GHz, ASUS Strix 970 @ 1316 MHz, H105, Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1600 MHz, H440, RM750

You get an in-line sound card that gives the headphones "virtual surround" with the Cloud 2. Not worth anything imo. First ones are just fine.

Yep. Need some 70-100 dollar headphones and these 2 caught my eye. What the big difference that makes spending another 30 dollars on headphones worth it?

The 2 are slightly redesigned and come with a USB 7.1 surround sound emulator. 

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

The cables and the usb dongle. 

Cloud 1 has separate headphone and mic cables and no usb dongle

Cloud 2 has one cable for headphone and mic and usb dongle. It also comes with an adapter to split that one cable into two so you can use is with a regular soundcard

If you really want to know, look at the reviews/unboxings on youtube. I think HardwareCanucks shows the differences between the two. JayzTwoCents also does a good job of talking about the differences

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3