AMD or Intel ?

The optimalization is... well... not great. But the i7 and up still helps.

Also, get argument rekt m8 :D

wat?

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

lol. I prefer Publix brand myself but Costco sells in bulk and that is always nice.

Handing out TechRx's

lol. I prefer Publix brand myself but Costco sells in bulk and that is always nice.

Wrong thread ?

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Clock speeds cannot be compared between different processor architectures effectively.  The only time clock speeds are relevant to compare two CPUs is if those two CPUs are on the same architecture (I.e. i5-4460 vs i5-4590).  Otherwise there's way too many hardware differences that affect performance to measure with sheer numbers.

To answer your question OP, an i3 would beat an A10 any day, let alone an i7.  A10, A8, A6, etc. are all APUs, and to put it in Lehman's terms, they're not meant for gaming builds.  AMD's FX like is more for performance gaming, but they're still worse than the Intel i3/i5/i7s. 

When in doubt, google processor benchmarks:

http://www.hardwarepal.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Metro-Last-Light-Cpu-Benchmark.jpg

A10 is worse than an FX-4300 on that graph.

Wrong thread ?

Nope. Just a funny answer to a misguided question.

Handing out TechRx's