Laptop Buying Help.

CJHGunner

I am a university student in England and I am currently using a Lenovo G505 as a note taking laptop. However as a student doing media I am required to do video editing, photo editing, audio editing and an assortment of different things. The Lenovo falls behind here with is A6 Processor and 4GB of ram (And lets not mention the 1366x768 resolution that the adobe suite hates for me)

Anyway long story short I am not familiar with laptops and I want a device with at least a 1080p screen as I will rarely work with 4K content (And if I do worst case scenario my university has Mac Pros) And I need it to have the horsepower to handle editing and rendering. I would also like it to have a good battery life as I will still be using it day to day around university and I rarely have easy access to a wall socket. My Budget is £1000 and I am hoping there is something that is a better deal then either the bottom tier Macbook Pro Retina or the XPS 13.  

I5 4690k, EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4GB, 16GB Corsair Vengence (Blue), Seagate 3TB & Western Digital 500GB HDD's, San Disk Ultra II 120GB SSD, Novatech Gold Series 850w PSU

Nope, XPS 13 or MBPr are your only choices there. You want power? You sacrifice battery life. You want battery life, you sacrifice power. You want thin/light, you sacrifice cooling and internals. You want good cooling/storage options/etc, you sacrifice form factor and weight.

You cannot have both, as much as users wish to inform you that you can.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

I am not fussed about form factor other then a screen size of 15.3 inches or less. And I just wanted to see if there were any hidden gems on the market at the moment with good power and battery life. I will invest in the MBPr or an XPS laptop once I am able. Thank you for your help.

I5 4690k, EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4GB, 16GB Corsair Vengence (Blue), Seagate 3TB & Western Digital 500GB HDD's, San Disk Ultra II 120GB SSD, Novatech Gold Series 850w PSU

If you want power your battery would only last like 3 hours but when you are rendering and such it will be even less like an hour or 2.