New YouTube layout

morcom1337

Out of curiosity does the non-centered YouTube layout aggravate everyone else as much me?

PS. I know there are scripts to center it but I am wondering why they would do this?

There was a reddit post the other week where the Youtube team explained some of the reasons behind the re design. If you watch

, it should help explain some. Basically they want to start somewhere, over time it will change as they develop the layout more and more.

I don't mind it as much now.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I don't like the fact the you can't reorganize the order your subscriptions show up, and that you have to click on your portrait in order to see if you have anything in your in box. But besides that, not much else.

There's plenty of problems with it, many that Linus pointed out in one of the Livestreams I think. Thing is the only parts I use work perfectly fine, so if they moved it back to the middle I'd have no problem.

I'm not a huge fan, but like every other change they've made to the layout, I've gotten used to it.

It works fine on smaller screen (e.g my 13inch laptop), but larger monitors it is truly awful!

LzSGb.jpg Makes YouTube bearable.

It's not too bad on my netbook but on my 27" monitor it leaves 80% of the screen unused.

I feel like the layout was designed for 1336x768 screens, because it looks perfect on my laptop screen. But usually I have a 22" 1920x1080 monitor plugged into my laptop and it looks TERRIBLE on that

My main problem with it is that they have moved the "Uploads Only" from the channels I sub to, and that you cannot set it as the default home screen.

Rig: CPU: 1x quad core potato(4.6GHz). Cooling: Iced Tea. GPU: AMD HDToaster. Motherboard: Asus "Stale Bread Extreme Edition". RAM: 2x 4GB sticks of 1600MHz celery. PSU: 650w Roborovski Hamster in wheel.  Storage: Many Floppy Disks. 

idek why this is a topic honestly

I think anyone who knows anything about layouts is that the youtube layout is complete trash

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

It is really bad on android jellybean V4.2.2 i have a TF700T and when it is docked i cant watch it in full screen, that is really starting to annoy me as it always used to have it docked and watch it fine but now i can't go back :(

My main problem with it is that they have moved the "Uploads Only" from the channels I sub to' date=' and that you cannot set it as the default home screen.[/quote']

You can find the uploads only choice when you click "My Subscriptions", you can also go in the "Manage Subscriptions" section and select channels which you only want to see _only uploads_ from.

I can live with it, but for me it was NOT a successful upgrade/change of the layout.

MEH

For my option on Youtube. it's does not fit on my Netbook screen properly which my screen resolution is 1024x600. here is how it's looked like to me http://i.imgur.com/Skkc1.png noted the scroll bar on the bottom

For anybody who wants to get the old youtube layout back here is a video on how to get it back.

:Please note that this will only work for youtube accounts that were made before youtube rolled out the new layout.

Corsair 650 D Case  - I7 2700k OC to 4.5  - 16 gb 1866 corsair vengeance ram  - 7970 OC 1200 MHz Clock speed stock memory speed  - Xonar STX  - ASUS Maximus IV EXTREME-Z  - Corsair AX850 PS  - 2TB HardDrive - Corsair Force 3 240GB SSD as the boot disk for windows 7 Pro  - Das Ultimate Silent Keyboard  - Razer Deathadder Mouse  - Sony MDR V6 Studio Monitoring Headphones  - 2Benq G2420HD Monitors

I actually opted for the new layout before it was rolled out to everyone, and hated it, and was able to roll back, and I still have the old one as long as I'm logged in. As soon as I log out though I get the new layout

Really weird, but at least I have it back to normal

Ehh, sorta makes me feel like whoever who was making the new script. Was making it on a 1024x768 monitor, and thinking nothing of people with 1920x1080 or higher.

Hello

I'm using the cookie trick in Chrome to keep the old layout :)