Buying a Used CPU?

Go to solution Solved by MrOooozi,

I'd say that you're probably fine. Cpus need to go through quite a bit before they go bad.

Hey all! New PC build soon and im on a bit of a budget. Im thinking about getting a Used CPU with all the rest of my components (All of the rest will be brand new) Now I will be buying the CPU from Cex and its £60 cheaper than brand new. I was wondering is their anything i should be worried about anything i should know before going ahead and making the purchase? 

What CPU is it? and what condition is it in?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Eh, Not really, depending on how old it is and how much it was OCed before it might have a shorter lifespan potentially, this isn't the case for 99 percent of CPU's out there though

CPU's tend to be the least likely component to die. So I would ask the seller for a few samples of proof of the CPU functioning correctly.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Well its off CEX and it doesnt have any condition listing?

Do you think if i order online that the packaging and the shipping would be fine? (Like no bent pins or anything) Because it doesn't say what packaging they are using :/