Media PC

DarkRuler21

Just a few pics of my media pc as I finished putting it together.

The case is a Fractal Design Define Mini.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3

CPU: AMD X6 FX-6300

Ram: 8 Gigs Ripjaws (salvaged)

Power Supply: Corsair TX650M

Graphics: MSI GTX 650ti Boost

Storage: 500G WD Blue (salvaged), 2TB Seagate

Cooling is all stock.

post-7055-0-37783500-1373308420_thumb.jp

post-7055-0-34096200-1373308465_thumb.jp

post-7055-0-71897900-1373308516_thumb.jp

post-7055-0-37400800-1373308564_thumb.jp

post-7055-0-89733600-1373308761_thumb.jp

post-7055-0-14557900-1373308805_thumb.jp

Looks nice, but why Windows 8?

Why not? I like it!

Why not? I like it!

I guess for a media machine it is fine. But I hate the media features (the new Xbox Video) and I much prefer Windows 7 w/ VLC Media Player. 

Windows 8 does offer some nice power saving features which I guess is attractive for a silent media PC. I would assuming you underclocked the crap out of your processor?

I guess for a media machine it is fine. But I hate the media features (the new Xbox Video) and I much prefer Windows 7 w/ VLC Media Player. 

Windows 8 does offer some nice power saving features which I guess is attractive for a silent media PC. I would assuming you underclocked the crap out of your processor?

I use VLC Media Player as well and for everything I use in windows 8 works great for me, not a single complaint (after I added a start button of course). The processor has been left untouched, everything in the pc is running as it came out of the box. It runs quite and cool as is, even under full load.

I use VLC Media Player as well and for everything I use in windows 8 works great for me, not a single complaint (after I add a start button of course). The processor has been left untouched, everything in the pc is running as it came out of the box. It runs quite and cool as is, even under full load.

Go to www.ninite.com and get the installer for Start8 or Classic Start. It adds a nice replacement for the stupid metro UI in Windows 8. 

Go to www.ninite.com and get the installer for Start8 or Classic Start. It adds a nice replacement for the stupid metro UI in Windows 8. 

I know, I'm already using it! Thanks though.