Graphics card upgrade

Godcer

I am about to sell my GTX Titan (no black edition), and I was going to buy a 980 as an upgrade as well as earn some money. Would the 980 be faster than the Titan at 1440p? Right now I can get two 780ti's for just a little bit more than the 980. Which one should I get? Or, should I even upgrade?

Fast replies would be helpful as I am in the middle of negotiating price with the potential buyer of my card.

Keep the Titan lol.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

benchmarks show the 980 above the 780 Ti  with base clocks. if the choice is single 980 or 2x780ti, i'd go 2x780Ti

of course the 780 TDP is 250W while the 980 is 165W. so if that means anything to you.

honestly, i'd keep the titan.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-TITAN-vs-GeForce-GTX-980

dual 780 Tis might give you a bit more of a boost, but i'd keep the titan.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

benchmarks show the 980 above the 780 Ti  with base clocks. if the choice is single 980 or 2x780ti, i'd go 2x780Ti

of course the 780 TDP is 250W while the 980 is 165W. so if that means anything to you.

Just to be sure, did you take into consideration that I already own a Titan. The guy above had another opinion about just that.

Just to be sure, did you take into consideration that I already own a Titan. The guy above had another opinion about just that.

i know, check my edit

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

I am about to sell my GTX Titan (no black edition), and I was going to buy a 980 as an upgrade as well as earn some money. Would the 980 be faster than the Titan at 1440p? Right now I can get two 780ti's for just a little bit more than the 980. Which one should I get? Or, should I even upgrade?

Fast replies would be helpful as I am in the middle of negotiating price with the potential buyer of my card.

I would say 2 780ti's definitely. Each 780ti is as good individually in games as your Titan black. As long as your power supply allows it, go for it. If you have a 850 watt power supply, you are fine. 750 probably would be fine

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

2 780ti's win definetly

get them, unless you intend on upgrading to another 980 in the future

The two 780ti's were sold just now, so those are not an option anymore

I just found this comparison of the Titan and the 980. The 980 beat the Titan in every gaming benchmark in 1080p, 1440p and 2160p(4k) (I don't really care about 1080p since I am using a 1440p display).

The reason I am considering this is to earn some money and get better performance at the same time.

Please, don't let this thread die now

Please, don't let this thread die now

man, please quote posts, that way people will follow this topic

this is a very crouded forum

man, please quote posts, that way people will follow this topic

this is a very crouded forum

Ok, will do