Loud Pumps

So I have been reading user reviews of the new Corsair H100i GTX (and H80i GT) and the common complaint is that people are hearing the pumps quite clearly. I currently use the H75, which I am very happy with, but am thinking of upgrading at some point. My question would be are the pumps actually loud, or are the current tranche of buyers just really picky.

I cant say I have ever heard the pump running in the H75, its actually pretty quiet and does a decent job of cooling my i5 4670k OC at 4.2ghz. The noisiest part of my build would be the stock 140mm fans in the front of the Corsair 750D.

So LTT members, whats the feedback you have, or you have seen, for the new Corsair AIO coolers?

Cheers

T

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

Do not read reviews on amazon or newegg,below the product.

I have been pulling reviews from every site I can to see how the comments fall out. I haven't looked at Amazon though.

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

I have been pulling reviews from every site I can to see how the comments fall out. I haven't looked at Amazon though.

Dont even amazons review system sucks

| have also H75 pump in last month it is starting to be very laud do I need to change it or what ?

| have also H75 pump in last month it is starting to be very laud do I need to change it or what ?

if it has started making more and more noise then I would suggest you change it as it sounds like its coming to its end of life.

The issue I am hearing about with the new generation of Corsair coolers is that the pumps are noisy from the outset.

Dont even amazons review system sucks

I would agree. I find them useful if there is an issue with a product, you see it crop up again and again in user reviews. for a proper review or feedback, I use this forum or Jays Two Cents forum.

I believe pump speed is adjustable on these and from what I've heard setting it at full speed is audible, but far from necessary.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I believe pump speed is adjustable on these and from what I've heard setting it at full speed is audible, but far from necessary.

have heard that too .... but there have a few reviews that state the pump is pretty audible at lowest speed and that the software settings make little change to the noise levels. Corsair asked those that complained to send the cooler back for exchange. It might just be a QA issue, or perhaps a sign of a greater malady, or Corsair haters being haters ... who knows.

have heard that too .... but there have a few reviews that state the pump is pretty audible at lowest speed and that the software settings make little change to the noise levels. Corsair asked those that complained to send the cooler back for exchange. It might just be a QA issue, or perhaps a sign of a greater malady, or Corsair haters being haters ... who knows.

Maybe theirs had bubbles. Isn't that a cause of noise?

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Maybe theirs had bubbles. Isn't that a cause of noise?

could well be, especially as there seemed to be a leaking problem with units shipped in very cold conditions