Fan direction

Cactu

How do I know which war my fan will push air? Simple as that

The side with the sticker/supports is the side the air will come out of. 

EDIT: This side 

fan.jpg

How do I know which war my fan will push air? Simple as that

Generally, there are arrows on the sides. Otherwise, look at the concave side of the blades, or where the bracing is. Most of the time air will be blown out that way.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

The side with the sticker/supports is the side the air will come out of. 

EDIT: This side 

fan.jpg

It's for a heat sink so it doesn't have that

Generally, there are arrows on the sides. Otherwise, look at the concave side of the blades, or where the bracing is. Most of the time air will be blown out that way.

What is bracing

What is bracing

The bits that hold the fan and motor to the outer frame.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

It's for a heat sink so it doesn't have that

Can you post a picture of the fan? Even ones for heatsinks tend to be standard designs, and they'll have to have supports for the motor and fan. 

So air will go towards the bracing or away?

Can you post a picture of the fan? Even ones for heatsinks tend to be standard designs, and they'll have to have supports for the motor and fan.

I will when I get home in about an hour so look out for that

Toward the bracing. But even more important, there are usually arrows (2 of them) on the side, one showing rotation direction, the other showing airflow direction.