Libre Office help

cjm86

My wife typed up a couple essays for school but we dont have a printer. They are saved onto a flash drive. If she takes it to her school to print them out, will the school computers be able to open the files and print them? I'm assuming they use Microsoft Word and i just wasnt sure if Word can open Libre files and vise versa.

Sager NP8278-S--CPU-i7-4710MQ--GPU-GTX 970m 6GB--RAM-8GB--Storage-128GB SSD and 1TB HDD--Mouse-Steelseries Rival--Headset-Kingston HyperX Cloud

http://www.sagernotebook.com/Gaming-Notebook-NP8278-S.html

Somewhat depends on the file format she used. ODF is the default for LibreOffice Writer, and Microsoft Word does support that. There are often some minor formatting hiccups though.

Somewhat depends on the file format she used. ODF is the default for LibreOffice Writer, and Microsoft Word does support that. There are often some minor formatting hiccups though.

Cool. I just found the menu to change the format it saves in too. Thanks

Sager NP8278-S--CPU-i7-4710MQ--GPU-GTX 970m 6GB--RAM-8GB--Storage-128GB SSD and 1TB HDD--Mouse-Steelseries Rival--Headset-Kingston HyperX Cloud

http://www.sagernotebook.com/Gaming-Notebook-NP8278-S.html

I would highly recommend using PDF format if you don't need to modify files before printing. MS Word has nasty habit of messing any formatting done in ODF.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv