Application developer, what device?

I am going to start a new study in august, Application Developer to be exact.

For this I need a laptop or  ultrabook I assume.

Do I need a lot of power or not? Would a powerful laptop be good or would a SP3 be good? I will have the money by then. 

A 1000 euro by then. Of course something else is on the market by then but oh well...

You honestly don't need alot of power to do this, I would reccomend a Lenovo Thinkpad T430.  It's one of the last true thinkpads 

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Thinkpad-T430-Notebook-Fingerprint/dp/B00U912V34/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427124421&sr=8-1&keywords=t430

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Hmm okay, but you don't need much power for a dev device?

not really, your not rendering or anything, and most dev applications won't use more than 8gb ram, this exact laptop comes with an ssd which will help with performance. 

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

I mean if you want more power but still reliability this is also a good laptop, it's the model right under mine. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2PF1SJ2995&cm_re=thinkpad_w530-_-9SIA2PF1SJ2995-_-Product

it's more expensive but thinkpad's have proven time and time again to be worth their price. I was running on a t420 for around 5 years before upgrading to my w540. Still have the 5420 and have yet to have a problem with it after this many years. 

I mean if you want more power but still reliability this is also a good laptop, it's the model right under mine. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2PF1SJ2995&cm_re=thinkpad_w530-_-9SIA2PF1SJ2995-_-Product

it's more expensive but thinkpad's have proven time and time again to be worth their price. I was running on a t420 for around 5 years before upgrading to my w540. Still have the 5420 and have yet to have a problem with it after this many years. 

What's with you and thinkpads :D

What's with you and thinkpads :D

They are god tier laptop's lol, we'll I've been using them for years in the business world and have had nothing but good things to say about them, and have used them even longer as my personal laptop computer.